maddeleine4

Bridge and Beyond Project

I am posting about a project I have recently become aware of and thought the very generous crocheters at the 'ville might be interested in helping.

The Bridge and Beyond Project was started by a lovely woman named Sandy who lives in Ohio.

The goal is to warm homeless by knitting and crocheting hats, mittens, and scarves for men living under a bridge here in Central Ohio. We will also make hats, mittens, scarves appropriate for women and children who are cared for in 2 free clinics in the area. If you'd like to help and need an address to mail your donated hand knit or crocheted items, please contact me at sandycrochet@gmail.com

You can read more info and see donations being sent at Sandy's blog

http://homelessbridge.blogspot.com/

I would love to make a challenge to see if at least 10 people would donate at least one warm winter item.

Anyone interested in helping?

I've got a burgundy hat almost finished. This would go alot faster if my 4yo grandson didn't need to try it on every third or fourth row!:lol I'm going to make as many as I can stuff into a small flat rate box before I send a package out.