Knit 1, Purl 2 in Crochet download

Bendy

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

This is my first post - just joined. I have a question for those who bought this book Knit 1 Purl 2. Can you use the info you learned to adapt a knitting pattern to crochet - realizing we're assuming an adaptation not an exact replica.

I'm interested in purchasing the book. Any more comments regarding usability of book are appreciated. Amazon reviews were mixed. I would rather rely on this site however for real crocheters input.

thanks,

Sandy *:)

Not really. It does look very much like knit, but it doesn't translate to the same 'scale'. It is slip stitch crochet manipilated to look like knit, and done with a hook larger than you would normally use. You couldn't follow a knit sweater pattern, for example, and get the same end product...but if you could design a basic sweater shape from scratch [many patterns have schematics], you could use the book to make up your own.

and :welcome to the 'ville!

• 4 months later...

HI everyone I purchased the book but need a video I'm really lost is the purl and knit done like the Tunisian Crochet i want to make the bag that.s in the book cut I know nothing about knitting just know how to crochet I read the directions but I need a how to video pleeeease help I'm confused as all get out thanks

• 5 months later...
HI everyone I purchased the book but need a video I'm really lost is the purl and knit done like the Tunisian Crochet i want to make the bag that.s in the book cut I know nothing about knitting just know how to crochet I read the directions but I need a how to video pleeeease help I'm confused as all get out thanks

I feel like sisterqueen concerning the knit 1, purl 2 in crochet book I purchased yesterday. Is it possible for you to submit a video showing your guidelines...I do know how to knit and purl but I still could not visualize your instructions in my mind. I really want to learn this new technique. Thank you so much for your time...:manyheart

I have the book and it is not at all like knooking. Knooking is real knitting using a crochet hook that has a cord attached, the cord becomes the second 'knitting needle' that holds the live stitches.

Bendy's book is a crochet technique, the stitches are crochet stitches not knitting. It imitiates the look of knitting but requires a larger hook than usual. It is not Tunisian.

I feel like sisterqueen concerning the knit 1, purl 2 in crochet book I purchased yesterday. Is it possible for you to submit a video showing your guidelines...I do know how to knit and purl but I still could not visualize your instructions in my mind. I really want to learn this new technique. Thank you so much for your time...:manyheart

I think the author makes her directions unnecessarily complex. It's all done with slipstitch. Knitting involves putting the hook into the fabric from the front, purling from back, and you end up building your fabric at right angles to the direction of work in actual knitting, i.e. if a knit pattern is worked top to bottom (or bottom to top), the k1p2 in crochet pattern is worked side to side.

• 9 months later...

I can only find the book format?

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Knit 1, Purl 2 in Crochet book is now available as a download.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=77758

Several people told me that they prefered to get the download version of books and asked me to post when Knit 1, Purl 2 in Crochet became available as a download.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Bendy,

I just purchased your book and I must say that I am confused. I have been knitting and crocheting for more than 30 years but I cannot figure out your instructions. I love the projects but I guess I'm just a visual learner. I was disappointed that you don't show any pictures of how to make the actual stitches. Do you have a website that shows more pictures or videos?

TIA,

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a video. Just make a ch. Look at the ch, each ch has a front lp and a back lp just like a sc st does. sl st in the lp the directions tell you to. If knitting insert the hook from the front to the back, if purling insert the hook from the back to the front. On the next row, look at the sts you just made. They also have a front lp and a back lp. Work your sts in whichever lp the directions say.

I'm not saying this is your trouble, but most of the questions I receive are because people don't realize that a sl st has a front and a back lp. If this isn't the trouble you are having, let me know where you are having trouble and I will try to help.

Archived