christmas tree skirt: updated w/ pic of it under tree

solaceinmusic

well after much searching trying to find a pattern for a tree skirt and not having any luck I liked I decided to design my own... took me almost 2 months to do it but it is finally finished (after starting completely over once and too many froggings to count). did not want one that split as my son likes crocheted items and I didn't want to keep putting it back under the tree...

[ATTACH]12018[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12019[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12833[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12834[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
That looks great!

Is that a blanket on the window? My Dad has a couple that look just like it. If it is - What a great idea for winter curtains!

lol um winter curtains? those are our regular curtains until I get around to buying some lol (I'm picky, haven't found any I liked yet, it was just supposed to be temporary cause needed something quick when we moved in to block the sun) and yes they are blankets, I folded over one edge and sewed a pocket for the curtain rod (used black yarn so it matched the blanket)

I think they're awesome! It's so hard to find decent curtains and if you want sun blockers then you'll probably need lined ones.

Growing up in NJ and living in PA I'm used to cold winters. We'd put the heavier curtains up to help insulate the windows. Now that I'm in FL I'm complaining that it's too warm. lolol. It was 80 degrees yesterday - I'm so not in the spirit this year.

But seriously, your corner looks AWESOME!

I think they're awesome! It's so hard to find decent curtains and if you want sun blockers then you'll probably need lined ones.

Growing up in NJ and living in PA I'm used to cold winters. We'd put the heavier curtains up to help insulate the windows. Now that I'm in FL I'm complaining that it's too warm. lolol. It was 80 degrees yesterday - I'm so not in the spirit this year.

But seriously, your corner looks AWESOME!

Thank you, it's actually not just that corner... the whole bar is decorated, the lighted garland goes all the way around the living room, there's christmas bears on the top of the desk, nativity scene on the TV and tinsel garland strung from the fan... lol I go all out for Christmas (especially since I have a 3 year old and he loves all the decorating) Here's some pics of it all, I forgot to take a pic of the candle ring that I turned into a wreath when you first walk in the door...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1928005&postcount=5171

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1927997&postcount=5167

well after much searching trying to find a pattern for a tree skirt and not having any luck I liked I decided to design my own... took me almost 2 months to do it but it is finally finished (after starting completely over once and too many froggings to count). did not want one that split as my son likes crocheted items and I didn't want to keep putting it back under the tree...

[ATTACH]12018[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12019[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12833[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12834[/ATTACH]

Very pretty tree skirt and tree, great job!

Archived