chichiwawa

"Babe in a basket" sleep sack

BABE IN A BASKET sleep sack

5 oz Bernat softee baby yarn (I used baby denim marl)

size I hook

Chain 2 does not count as a stitch.

Round 1. ch 4, join to form a loop, ch 2, 12 dc in loop, join to 1st dc. (12dc)

Round 2. ch 2, 2 dc in same st and in each st around. Join to 1st dc. (24 dc)

Round 3. ch 2, 2 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st. *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st* rep * around, join to 1st dc. (36 dc)

Round 4. ch 2, 2 dc in same st, 1 dc in next 2 sts. *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 2 sts* rep * around, join to 1st dc. (48 dc)

Round 5. ch2, 2 dc in same st, 1 dc in next 3 sts. *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 3 sts* rep * around, join to 1st dc. (60 dc)

Round 6. ch 2, *FPDC in next 3 sts, BPDC in next 3 sts* rep * around, join to first dc.

Round 7. ch 2, *BPDC in next 3 sts, FPDC in next 3 sts* rep * around, join to first dc.

Rds 8-40. rep rounds 6 & 7.

Round 41. ch 1, sc in each st around, join to 1st sc, finish off. (60 sc)

I have made every effort to ensure that this is an original pattern. If this pattern is akin to another one out there, it is purely by coincidence. I hope that I have written the instructions clearly. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me. Enjoy!

post-6274-135897473768_thumb.jpg

post-6274-135897473773_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pattern. Looks like it can be done fairly quickly. I need to get going on 2 baby gifts, both are boys & this seems like a good idea. (especially since I've dragged my feet) One of the little ones was just born the other day.

:) Very nice - looks cozy. Thanks for sharing your pattern.

Debi Y. :hook

I love this! With all the neat patterns you folk post, I have quite a list of things 'to do'. This one is a must. Thank you so much.

I will post the overall size measurements soon. My house is in an uproar due to a new living room floor being installed. I will try to find both my sleep sack and a measuring tape tonight. Thank you all for your kind comments.

Okay, I measured it to be about 14 inches in length and about 9 1/2 inches in width. Hope that helps!

can you tell me what FPDC and BPDC mean? thanks....

BABE IN A BASKET sleep sack

5 oz Bernat softee baby yarn (I used baby denim marl)

size I hook

Chain 2 does not count as a stitch.

Round 1. ch 4, join to form a loop, ch 2, 12 dc in loop, join to 1st dc. (12dc)

Round 2. ch 2, 2 dc in same st and in each st around. Join to 1st dc. (24 dc)

Round 3. ch 2, 2 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st. *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st* rep * around, join to 1st dc. (36 dc)

Round 4. ch 2, 2 dc in same st, 1 dc in next 2 sts. *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 2 sts* rep * around, join to 1st dc. (48 dc)

Round 5. ch2, 2 dc in same st, 1 dc in next 3 sts. *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 3 sts* rep * around, join to 1st dc. (60 dc)

Round 6. ch 2, *FPDC in next 3 sts, BPDC in next 3 sts* rep * around, join to first dc.

Round 7. ch 2, *BPDC in next 3 sts, FPDC in next 3 sts* rep * around, join to first dc.

Rds 8-40. rep rounds 6 & 7.

Round 41. ch 1, sc in each st around, join to 1st sc, finish off. (60 sc)

I have made every effort to ensure that this is an original pattern. If this pattern is akin to another one out there, it is purely by coincidence. I hope that I have written the instructions clearly. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me. Enjoy!

FPDC = Front Post Double Crochet

BPDC = Back Post Double Crochet

Very pretty and thanks for the pattern.

Great pattern! I am going to start as soon as I get the yarn today! Several patterns state to chain 2 does not count as stitch. Then it goes on to say DC in same stitch. This is confusing to me and I think it causes my projects to grow! Please set me straight, because I am totally ready to begin your lovely pattern. Thanks.

I don't use the ch 2 as a stitch because of the "gap" it creates. When you are done the round, slip stitch into the first dc you made, not the ch 2. Hope that helps!

:clapThis looks great. I can't wait to try it out...

Love it. Have my 21st grandbaby on the way and wanted to make on of these. Thanks for creating and sharing!!

I make baby preemie caps for the Children's Hospital as my charity work (My daughter was born at 28wks 2lbs 8oz) and I think theese would absolutely be great as matching sets! thanks for the pattern!

I do not have a hat pattern but I will try to come up with one tonight. Thanks for the idea!

If anyone makes one of these, please post a picture, I'd love to see what others have done with my pattern!

Thank you very much for both patterns. It must look so cute together. I have been wanting to do such for a long time. Great work!!:flower