auntbubbels

2011 Wish List Thank You's

If a Fairy Godmother grants one of your Wish List requests, please post a thank-you in this thread. :yes

Do not identify your "fairy godmother" when posting a thank-you on this board. Please use the term "Fairy Godmother."

Edited by auntbubbels

It is a cold and dreary, rainy day here in Sunny Florida. Infact, it has not been very nice weather for about a week. People are really getting grumpy.

I was sitting in my corner crocheting, when the mailman rang the door bell. I thought that was nice, now I don’t have to run out to the box in the rain to get the mail. Well, he greets me with a big smile and tells me he has a package for me.

I am waiting for my Christmas cards, but they should not be in the size box he handed me, nor should it be so heavy.

Well, when I opened it, it was like looking into Santa’s Bag. It was never ending. There were 4 towels with crocheted handles. 1 for Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July and Valentine’s Day, each towel had a design that matched the holiday. I pulled out pamphlets, postcards and information on Kansas. A bottle of Kansas Bar-B-Que sauce, cherry and caramel candy. A wooden snowman, a beautiful Angel for my tree, Mr. and Mrs. Snowman with a sign that ways Tampa Guy and Doll, 2 beautiful potholders and a wash cloth (in blue) and the pretties Christmas cards.

I want to thank my FGM in Missouri for this box of beautiful things. I am over whelmed and I am now all read for a trip to see your beautiful state.

You have certainly brought some sunshine to my day.

post-105-13589748107_thumb.jpg more pictures and even more

Thank You :hugThank You:hug Thank You:hug

after a horrible day of shopping I came home to a box on my porch. :eek I dropped my packages as i flew in the door to rip it open. I got a sweet note, 3 books that I have never read,(my son is also asking to read them) a beautiful square and a recipe for carmel corn. oh yeah books and munchies:cheer Thank you so much dear FGM, it really made my day.

I received two baby blankets in the mail today for my 2010 NICU afghan drive. There was no name, so I don't know if it's a lovely Fairy Godmother, or someone following the NICU thread who just forgot to include their name.

They are so lovely, so thank you whoever you are - you can see the picture of them in the thread - link is in my signature.

thank you to the fairy godmother in Shelton Wa.

for sending 6 skeins of purple varigated classic

you made my day and week very special,thank you Linda

Went out this morning to the bank, to get some papers to get a new drivers license. You know, birth certificat, marriage license and such. New rule for drivers license in Florida. Anyway, we get there, and I forgot some papers I needed, so Dh got his, but I did not get mine. Have to go back to the DMV (UGH) tomorrow.

As we pulled up in the driveway, there was the mailman. So I got out to get the mail. He had a package for me. :cheeryipee:cheer

I cam in the house, opened the package and there was some beautiful ILTC in georgeous shades of blue. Along with a very nice note.

So thank you so much FGM in Casper, Wy for the beautiful yarn and I will be putting it to good use.:hug:hug:hug

post-105-135897495815_thumb.jpg

post-105-135897495801_thumb.jpg

post-105-135897495812_thumb.jpg

Yippie! Today's mail made me smile! After having been sick since shortly after Christmas, today I was finally well enough to exit the house for a bit. We stopped by the post office to mail some letters and I had packages! One was from my Fairy godmother, thank you so much!

She sent a spectacular set of stationery items! Little cards, bigger cards, a little cute notepad, a pad of lined stationery, cute stickers, a fun pen, and postcards! Thank you so very much! :) I was most certainly not expecting to have a package! Thank you :)

I will be writing some penpals tonight and I'll use the green stationery paper! :manyheart

post-422-135897496478_thumb.jpg

A few days ago I got a wonderful package from the Fairy Godmother (or Elf ;)) from Sherburne,NY. It was amazing! I got 5 balls of cotton thread in different colours - couldn't wait to use them and I made a butterfly for a bookmark already :). Then - 14 hooks!!!! Steel Boye hooks and bone hooks of different sizes. I also found about 70 colours of embroidery floss - I don't know when I can use it up, but it's just lovely! I plan next cross stitch projects, so it will be perfect for me. There were also floss bobbins and so wonderful angel key ring. Of course I could read warm, friendly note, too.

Thank you so much , Fairy Godmother - it is so wonderful gift. Thank you for your generosity and thinking of me! :hug:manyheart

post-30828-135897496531_thumb.jpg

post-30828-135897496515_thumb.jpg

post-30828-135897496534_thumb.jpg

I want to give a big thank you to the wonderful Fairy Godmother from Bellevue WA, that sent me the lovely bamboo yarn, tea and sticky notes. Love it all, i was so excited when i got it. I haven't been able to buy any yarn lately, cause things have been tight here. It really made me feel great thank you again.

post-1515-135897497766_thumb.jpg

Thank you so very much to my elf that sent me a great crochet bag to put my WIP in, I love it! Also thanks for the pattern book. This just really made my rainy day brighter! :D:D

I'm sorry I'm late thanking my VA FGM! I was on my way out the door to go to the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center in Pittsburgh, when my hubby brought home a wonderful post card. You have no idea what it meant to me:manyheart TYTYTYTYTY:yay

Edited by tcandlgmom

Went out this morning to the bank, to get some papers to get a new drivers license. You know, birth certificat, marriage license and such. New rule for drivers license in Florida. Anyway, we get there, and I forgot some papers I needed, so Dh got his, but I did not get mine. Have to go back to the DMV (UGH) tomorrow.

As we pulled up in the driveway, there was the mailman. So I got out to get the mail. He had a package for me. :cheeryipee:cheer

I cam in the house, opened the package and there was some beautiful ILTC in georgeous shades of blue. Along with a very nice note.

So thank you so much FGM in Casper, Wy for the beautiful yarn and I will be putting it to good use.:hug:hug:hug

[ATTACH]15032[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15033[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15034[/ATTACH]

OMGOODNESS THAT YARN IS SOOO PRETTY! I wish we would get a Hobby Lobby around here! **sigh**

Thank you so VERY MUCH to the lovely person who sent me the awesome postcard! I had a hard week at school and I was so happy to find that I had mail when I got home. Thank you thank you thank you!!:manyheart:D:c9

Well like so many other right now, I am going thruough a very, very stressful time work wise. I was told my health insurance will be cut and 1/3 of a pay cut.

I have been very depressed as our car is on it's last legs and with pay cut--life will be very hard.

I work at home and mailman just delivered a boxful of dish cloth cotton yarn from my fairy godmother in Michigan........what a wonderful surprise!!!!!

Thank you so much--craftylady1956--Lorraine

Yesterday I received a package from my FGM in Michigan. Today I received another package from another FGM in Wilington De. I cannot believe this !!!!!!

My FGM in Wilimgton sent me 2 skeins crochet cotton for dish cloths----I'm gonna have a massive amount of dish cloths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to both of you again !!!!

It is such a nice surprise!!!!!:hook

Thank you to the thoughtful Fairy Godmother in Delaware that sent me a post card with a nice view of downtown Wilmington, DE. It really made my day! I was having a pretty lousy day actually, and this brought a smile to my face and made me feel so special. It's also the one and only post card I have from Delaware =) Also, thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself on the post card as well. That was a great personal touch =)

I am sooooo crazy excited right now! I got my first RAOK in the mail today. It's so much more than I ever expected! I got 3 scanes of ILTY - which is awesome because we don't have Hobby Lobby!!! I can't wait to make something out of it! I got 2 scanes of High Sierra Ombre (color) and 1 scane of Antique White. It's soooo gorgeous! I also got 3 books! I read so fast this is so great! I also go stitch markers. I don't have any and I just started Ami so they are PERFECT!!! I also got a GORGEOUS handmade cowl. It's the most beautiful color and so soft. I've never owned something made out of such nice yarn! I have to say the stitching is GORGEOUS! I'm jealous of the talent. :)

So - thank you my Alabama Fairy Godmother - whoever you are!!

Oh, and your hand writing looks JUST like my sister Amy's! It's crazy!

I'm sooooo thankful :)

I received a beautiful post card of Delaware the other day! Sorry it took so long to post. So much going on around here. I loved the card. Thank you for thinking of me.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the wonderful FGM who sent me the most adorable drawstring purse! It's the "Another Brick in the Wall" purse in pink, eggshell and burgundy and I LOVE IT!! What a great surprise!! :hug

Thank you to two fairy godmothers!

Deleware: The first packaged I opened contained two awesome skeins of Hot Blue, Sugar n Creme cotton yarn. Thank you! I love this color for washcloths :) Thank you so very much! I can't wait to get started on some more washcloths. My kitchen drawer needs more color in it's day! hehe

Alabama: The second package I opened has all sorts of fun going on! Thank you so much for the dishcloth cotton, the colors are perfect! Thank you for the lovely tatting thread, I have never worked with thread that thin while tatting! I can't wait to give it a try. Thank you sooo much for the friendship squares, I love colors, I love the yarn (hehe.. I love this yarn!) and most of all, thank you so much for the cowl. It's cozy and beautiful all at the same time!

Thank you fairy godmothers, your packages arrived and made it a perfect mail day for me :)

A very special thank you to my fairy godmother in AZ who has gifted me with a huge box that arrived Saturday and in it was a lovely fall/autumn theme quilted handmade by her friend WIP tote bag I love it........

Also came full of Cotton WW yarns and even creme de la creme kind that i've never seen before Saturday... Cant wait to try it.

Also in the box there was the most adorable cute I've never seen before Bull Teapot... We all love it here its beautiful Thank you sooo much ...

Also was some copy/printer paper for me.... I love to use my printer lots for patterns...

Well I am almost sure i'm forgetting something but just in case its all in these photos...

Again sweetie thank you ,,, you brightened up my day and the rest of the week for that matter...

hugs

post-6956-135897503097_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897503101_thumb.jpg

Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. There aren't words that can express how wonderful it was to open an unexpected package from a very special crochetier today.

Tomorrow is my birthday but I already got the best present ever!

Thank you Fairy Godmother for the beautiful turn of the century, wooden, crochet hook! It's gorgeous! I'm looking through my patterns now for the first special project to use it on. THANK YOU! :hug

post-7401-135897503772_thumb.jpg

Wow I'm so happy :cheer

A dear FGM sent me a parcel choc-a-block with goodies. See these pics

post-32920-135897503901_thumb.jpg

I must say it's been a rough few weeks with personal family problems and then I lost a 14 yr-old client at work on Friday 5th Feb (I'm sure he is in heaven now). So when I got home from work late yesterday and found this parcel that I wasn't expecting it really cheered me up but when I opened it and saw all the nice things inside including a bamboo crochet hook size K(6.5mm), a ball of yarn, a Winnie the Pooh tin which I love, some sweets, magazine, booklets, a short message on a postcard with a beautiful Seattle sunset, tea, coffee, noodles amongst other things and I love the homemade items especially the variagated pink.

Thank you so much FGM you really made my day

post-32920-135897503895_thumb.jpg

I came home today to a wonderful. On my Wish list, I had wished for a home made doll for my 4 yr old niece, and my 16 month old grandaughter. A very generous elfette in Florida sent an adorable Miss

Toadette for Abby in pink (grnadaughter) and a beautiful baby with pony tails and a long white dress for Jamye (niece)! They are beautiful. I cant seem to ever post pics! Yhank you so much!!

They will be well loved!

The most wonderful Elf in Indiana sent me a TURN OF THE CENTURY HOOK!!!! It is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! I can't wait to use it! It brought happy tears and goosebumps! I can't express how much I love this gift. I will treasure it forever and think of you everytime I use it! :hug

:turtle:vheart