goofy

Lets cook up some yarn food CAL

My son is always making us "invisible pizza" :lol so I think I may join in on this one for a little added Christmas gift. I have another project to finish up first but should be good to go by the end of the weekend. Now, off to find a pizza pattern!!! :yay

aww I am so in! I love crocheted food & I'm quartined in my bedroom till monday with the h1n1 nothing better to do than crochet!

Sounds like fun..I've been wanting to make some food..And would break up the monotony of what I'm working on..I have to find my cable for my camera...And dh works nights..WOOO HOOOOO

I am going to watch this one and make sure I can do it before i join in. I would love to make my son some play food as he is just starting to pretend to cook and eat and feed us.

Nice to see there are some people interested! :yay I will be starting my first food this week. I have to see what colors of yarn I have in my stash to see what I will be making first. I defenatly want to make the cookies and the burger. :yes

Welcome to the group Marci! Love the link! :yay Thanks!

I might make some at some point. Here are some things I queued when we first talked about it Brenda.

http://jeangreenhowe.com/patterns.html

If you knit there are some cute free ones here.

I am bummed that some of the things I had queued to make my dd are no longer available.

Sky Magenta on etsy has a ton of great food too.

These cake boxes are neat too: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/four-bees-designs/patterns

Tasty Crochet by Rose Langlitz is a great book. I'm working my way form cover to cover. I just love the tacos. most things are working up quickly and I am able to use my scraps.

Welcome Laura, I'll be here for awhile so feel free to join when you are ready. :)

Welcome to the group marci. I will have to search my local library for that book. Tacos sound like a fun thing to make.

Anyone have any patterns for things such as cornflakes boxes, ketchup bottles, etc. Other things for play food?

I didn't see a cereal box on here but there are patterns for bowls, wisks and plenty of other things. I have thought about buying a pattern or two from here.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KTBdesigns?ga_search_query=crocheted+food+patterns&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title&page=1

Here is a :bump and to say I have my first cookie almost finished. They are really easy and fast to make. Now to decide how many I want to make. :think:lol

So is there anyone still working on this? Is there anyone out there that will be joining after the holidays? I am thinking of adding all crocheted toys what do you think?

I'll get back to food after I finish all my christmas afghans. I think food deserves to be on its own.

So is everyone waiting untill after christmas to start this or is there just no interest?

I just made a taffy apple for my nephews. I used a pattern from stripeyblue on estay.

do you have pictures to share??

I'm definately interested for after Christmas. I've made the counting cookies by craftyanna on etsy and I've made a sandwich, both for my little boy, and I have Tasty Crochet to work on next. I also hope to make a plate of cookies for Santa by Christmas this year!

do you have pictures to share??

My old computer and camera do not get along so I am not able to send pictures.

welcome to this small group abby :)

So, it sounds like we are all just holding off untill we get christmas over with. Sounds good to me. :)

I got the book "Tasty Crochet" in trade. I might start some food after Christmas.

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION WARNING!!

I have Ami Food on my Holiday RAOK wish list.

I may try making the box of chocolates pattern if I can find it again.