VaGal

Red Heart Baby Blankie yarn vs Lion Brand Pound of Love

I just found out today that Red Heart makes a Baby Blankie yarn similar to Pound of Love by Lion Brand. Has anyone used the Red Heart brand? If so how does it compair to the Pound of Love.

Thanks

I haven't seen it yet. So I'll be reading this thread to see how it is too.

:manyheart

I found it by googling it...lol..I just found out that the walmart near me has started selling lion brand pound of love $2.00 cheaper than where I was getting it from....Im going to Wally World...

According to the Coats and Clark site. Red Heart Baby Blankie yarn is a #4 ww yarn. There are no colors or anything else listed about it. It must be a brand new yarn.

That yarn is at my local discount store called "Alco". I was sooo tempted to buy it, cuz it is really soft. Eventually, I do plan on buying it.

Carol:hook

Dont know how to post a link here but here is the Baby Blankie yarn at Herrschners...http://www.herrschners.com/product/Red+Heart+Big+Ball+Baby+Blankie+Yarn.aspx

Hadn't heard of it before. I love working with pound of love (not just for baby items either). Its a very soft yarn and just worked up rather lovely in a shawl I completed.

I love LB's Pound of Love yarn. I haven't tried the Red Heart, guessing that it's new.....

According to the description on the Lion Brand Yarn site. Pound of Love is a premium worsted weight baby yarn that falls in the #4 category. So it is a worsted weight yarn just like Red Heart Super Saver.

It is very soft compaired to redheart super saver though to me...I make most of my baby afghans with it...

I'll have to see how this compares to LB Pound of Love when I'm at Walmart later, assuming they have it. I've got lots of babies popping up around me at the moment, so I need to be prepared! :yes

I would consider Pound of Love a lightweight worsted. It is just a little heavier than sport yarn. Red Heart is generally a medium weight worsted.

According to the Coats and Clark site. Red Heart Baby Blankie yarn is a #4 ww yarn. There are no colors or anything else listed about it. It must be a brand new yarn.

I first saw the Red Heart pound of yarn in Walmart during the summer but I haven't tried it yet. I do want to, though.

Dont know how to post a link here but here is the Baby Blankie yarn at Herrschners...http://www.herrschners.com/product/Red+Heart+Big+Ball+Baby+Blankie+Yarn.aspx

This would be ideal for Project Linus blankets! :c9