Yarn shops in UK

darkrose

Hi all

I have been looking everywhere and trying to find out what the best acrylic yarn is and the best cotton dk yarn? I use Stylecraft Special dk which is fab quality but doesn't really have all the colours I am looking for. Does anyone know some good online stores in the UK for yarn and some other brands of acrylic? I know of Texere, Celtic Cove which is also called something Stash i think, Black Sheep Yarns and my fav shop Masons Needlecraft. Are there any others?

• 4 weeks later...

There's a lady on eBay UK that I've bought from (I'm in the US). Her eBay store is called Nicki's Knitting and Needlecrafts. She carries Wendy Supreme DK & Supreme 4-ply, both are lovely mercerised cottons and come in very pretty colors.

There are lots of online places to buy, we're very lucky. I don't believe there is a "best" yarn, I think it's a matter of finding which ones suit you! I'm not crazy about Stylecraft, I prefer Sirdar & James C.Brett.

I am very happy with knittingjayne on ebay for Sirdar yarns. She often sells Sirdar Snuggly at much lower than cost price, limited colours but that doesn't matter if you want what she's got. Also she's very helpful if you ask for what you want or if you want a bigger quantity than she's listed.

The online shop Kemps is another one I like. Definitely worth browsing through their wool selection and they have a clearance section too.

Not always the cheapest prices at Dragonyarns but they have a good selection of natural fibres and acrylic ranging from budget to luxury.

Another shop worth checking out is Yeomans

They are all very helpful if you have any questions and delivery is reliable and quick.

I tend to google whatever specific yarn I want to find the best price/different colours, and it's always worth checking ebay.

Hope this helps a bit, and if you find some good places of your own, come back and tell us!

• 1 month later...
There's a lady on eBay UK that I've bought from (I'm in the US). Her eBay store is called Nicki's Knitting and Needlecrafts. She carries Wendy Supreme DK & Supreme 4-ply, both are lovely mercerised cottons and come in very pretty colors.

I could not find Nicki's Knitting and Needlecrafts

• 1 year later...

Yes, more UK-based crocheters! I've only just started, and because Southampton (where I'm at universsity) sucks, I ended up in John Lewis for yarn, which turned out to be very expensive. I've since scanned Ebay and ordered some cheap bundles, and there are a couple of small local shops in my hometown I'll be visiting when I get home for Easter :) I might also visit Hobbycraft, and see if they've got anything good.

Archived