Steelers Graphghan!

audrasieber

Fantastic, Audra!!!! -It's clear to see all the many yards of time, patience and talent that you've put into your graphgan -Beautifully done!

That is one of the best graph afghans I have ever seen. I totally love the look of it and you did such a great job with the finer details! Did you make up the graph yourself and if not, could you share who you purchased it from? Also, what stitch did you use? Is it tunisian or SC? It must have taken so much time to do that. And those yard lines, wow what patience you have!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you villers out there for all of your compliments! I'm glad is wasn't nearly as time consuming and frustrating as it might look! LOL.

Anyway, to answer the question many of you had about where I got the pattern...

I purchased the basic graphgan pattern from etsy. PM me if you want the seller's name. She has numerous football and sports related patterns. The pattern was very thorough and included very complete stitch instructions, size estimates (based on stitch you choose and hook, etc).

I used that as a guideline and then kind of "winged it" for the end zones and the helmet detail. The "3 rivers" on the helmet are actually crocheted and then appliqued to the helmet. The pattern is not the same on the back.

And, lastly, I chose to use an hdc stitch. I felt sc would take too long and the blanket would not be as large as I wanted, but I thought dc would be too much space b/w rows. Unfortunately, about halfway through, I figured out that the hdc "square" (2 st, one row) was actually a little longer than it was tall, so the entire helmet motif looks a little stretched. Oh well. I'm still really happy with it! :yay:cheer

Now if I can just find someone to buy it. . .

Thanks again to all of you! Happy crocheting. . .

:hook:hook

Archived