How fast do you crochet?

It depends on what i am working on and how distracted i am. A pair of booties can either take me 15 mins or 3 hours...just depends on what else i am trying to multitask.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends what I'm working on and how complicated the pattern is. I am a fairly slow crocheter though, but I'm pretty knew to this so I don't know if I'll pick up speed or not. I guess we'll see! :)

Plus I only typically get to crochet after my son's bedtime because he loves to tangle himself in my yarn. Haha

I can do small things fairly quickly, others it takes me a bit.

I'm still fairly new to crocheting. I've been doing it for about a year and a half now.

I happen to have a bad habit of procrastination, also. ha

• 2 weeks later...

It depends sometimes with a project I am working on I crochet pretty fast I fined that when I work with many colors I find I work faster and don't seem to get bored with my crocheting I crochet watching or listening to TV and Doctors offices waiting for my dad I even take it with me when I visit. I fined it really relaxing when I crochet.

I crochet pretty fast. My mother goes on about it any time she sees me do it. I find the repetitious movement sort of hypnotizing and relaxing. lol Then again, I feel the same way about watching tropical fish in an aquarium.... Gotta love that ADD brain.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I can make an afghan in two days. If I am working on a project such as a

sweater it could be a couple of weeks depending on the pattern. I can

make slippers,hats and scarves in a couple of hours each.

• 3 weeks later...

I crochet somewhere between slow and moderate most of the time, but realistically I'm not pushing myself to be fast. Most of my work is in sc and I change colors a lot. Also I work with double strands a lot. I like to enjoy my work rather than rush.

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive, prettier than a million prom dresses, faster than a speeding bullet, oh wait, I said that! dang.....Ok, I dunno, said to be fast, when I teach i have to slow sooooo down, but not fast on purpose to make it like work, just nimble fingers keeping busy!

I crochet very fast--When teaching I have to really slow it down. I work 2 jobs and crochet whenever I'm not working. Depending o the project--I can complete small items in a few hours or a few days.....

• 2 months later...

Fast enough to earn me 2nd place at the state fair last year for Fastest Fingers contest for Crochet...

I plan on finishing a large afghan within 3 weeks, but it's my first project. I start off really slow and then it slowly gets faster the longer I crochet for the day.

Chains are fast, SC are fast, but I feel like DCs take double as long :(

• 9 months later...

You've all helped me more than you can imagine. I'm finding that trying to crochet too fast does make it more like work. Our bodies also betray us. I identify with the rotator cuff problem. Crocheting undoubtedly gets mine to hurting so bad that I just have to plain stop crocheting and knitting for a day or too.

I prefer to crochet at my own leisure. I usually try to work on something a little each day, but I don't beat myself up if I skip a few days! Rushing to get a project done is just stressful, and i find myself making mistakes then.

• 2 months later...

It really depends on what I am making, how complex the pattern is, and how close I am to finishing! Sometimes I move a lot slower but other times I can whip up a project in an afternoon. I do have to take frequent breaks though because I have tendinitis in my wrists. There are even times when I need to take a break from crocheting completely for a week or more if I have been doing a lot of it and my wrists start acting up. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I seem to crochet at a moderate speed. I just finished an afghan that took me 4 months to finish. It was all SC & after the 1st 100 rows it was really starting to get annoying for me to work on. Now I am making something for our 4 yr old. We will see how long his blanket will take me to make.

Finger speed or project speed? With finger speed,I also feel moderate, but I honestly have no idea how fast I am. If it's a straight set of stitches, I feel fast, but when I'm having to do something intricate I feel slow.

But project speed, I am slow. Took me a year to make a small blanket for my son. Dolls and bags could take less than a day, could take a couple of days depending on how much other things I have to do. Baby blankets often take 2-3 days.

Archived