My first real Colorwork

goodie2shoes

I think I finally understand two fisted colorwork

I made two hats, for my daughter she requested one but when she saw the first one said " Gee, I thought it would be darker" so I made the second, I notice she took both home with her

http://images4-cache.ravelry.com/uploads/goodie2shoes/15939599/IMG_3150_medium.JPG

http://images4-cache.ravelry.com/uploads/goodie2shoes/16090307/Picture_008_medium.jpg

my first ear flap hat, and other than some felted work (that sort of hides mistakes) this is my first real colorwork.

Now I want to make a bag

These are great! Two-fisted! I think I like that description. You must do both Continental and English/American knitting, goodie2.

Thank you yes, I knit with one usually the main color in my left, continental style and the other in my right English/ American. I think of it as two fisted knitting :P

A friends mom tried to teach me to knit English when I was around 13 the only thing that really stuck was long tail cast on and "throwing" with my right hand.

When I decided to try knitting again, I decided I needed a kinder way for my old joints, so taught myself continental, it made more sense coming from crocheting, holding the yarn in my left was more natural feeling. So for the two color work I had to remember how to "throw" with my right hand. Learning how to make the back of it look tidy was harder, still needs some work

It's not bad at all, Emily. And after the hat is washed a few times those strands will even out more and start to stick to themselves to make a more solid inside one of the virtues of wool. I certainly wouldn't fuss over it.

I've been all over the board with which style to use, too. I think I've finally settled on my own version of Continental. English eats up that right shoulder with all the throwing.

Archived