Granddaughter's Basketweave Purse

CrochetDad

Here's a basketweave purse I made for my granddaughter. She came over on Halloween dressed as Minnie Mouse (sans ears), so I presented it to her. She seemed thrilled - the expression on her face is because of Halloween candy in her mouth :eek. The purse (no pattern - just an idea I had) is made with Caron Worsted in Taupe and my new 4.5 mm Addi crochet hook. The flap is fastened with a heart-shaped pewter button. The strap is a crocheted I-cord (basically a crocheted tube). Larger pictures are available in My Flickr Photstream

post-13211-13589746866_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897468662_thumb.jpg

The purse is great, Gene! I love the basketweave flap! I'd like one of those in an adult size for me! :yes

Your granddaughter is adorable! Is that the same little girl that you have posed with in other photos? If so, my oh my is she getting big!! :)

The purse is great, Gene! I love the basketweave flap! I'd like one of those in an adult size for me! :yes

Your granddaughter is adorable! Is that the same little girl that you have posed with in other photos? If so, my oh my is she getting big!! :)

Thanks so much everyone!

Yes, it's the same little girl. I've attached a few older pictures: wearing my crocheted stetson, her fun fur cap, angel blanket and tapestry crocheted kitty bag.

post-13211-135897469142_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897469144_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897469145_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897469146_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived