darski

Saying "Bye-bye" -15" CPK girl

35 posts in this topic

Saying Bye-bye – 15” CPK baby girl :pinterest

My two little ones are going to a new home and a new mommy so I wanted to make them special outfits for their trip. I'm not sure I can give up designing for CPK's as they are just so adorable but we shall see what we shall see. And may God bless their new home. :ghug

post-4896-135897468343_thumb.jpg

DNBO = Do Not Break Off

Dress...

post-4896-135897468351_thumb.jpg

With WW yarn and 5mm hook

Yarn colours Black, White, Deep pink and Pink.

Ch 31…

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and ea ch across. (30 hdc)

Row 2: dc in first st, [bPdc in next st, dc in same st] to end, dc in last hdc. (58 dc) break off black

Row 3: att deep pink… dc in 2, *FPdc around post st on row 1, dc in next] 3times, FPdc around next post st, dc in same st, 2dc in next, [FPdc around post st, dc in dc}4 times, FPdc next, 2dc in next, Fpdc next, dc in same st, [dc in next, FPdc in next] 8 times, dc in next, FPdc next and dc in same st, 2dc in next, [fpdc in next, dc in next] 4 times, FPdc in next, dc in same st, 2 dc in next dc, continue to end working post st around post st and dc in dc. Break off deep pink and tidy all ends. (66 dc)

Row 4: keeping the good side up att pink… dc in 9, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 11, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 19, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 9. { I have no idea why the numbers are off on this so I am reporting what I really did instead of what should have been :sigh} Break off pink. Tidy all ends.

Row5: attach white…dc in 11, sk sleeve sts, dc in 23 front sts, sk sleeve sts, dc in 11 back sts,

Row 6: dc evenly across. (45 dc)

Row 7: dc in 3 *3dc in next, dc in 3* repeat to end.

Row 8: work in dc with a 3 dc group in the middle of each 3 dc group of row 7. break off white.

Trim rows. Work a sc in ea stitch with 3 sc in the middle of each 3 sc/3dc group. Work one row of pink, deep pink and black. You can work a picot for effect on the black trim row. To keep it simple, I did a sc/ch3/sc in the increase sts. Break off after the pinks and tidy all ends but DNBO with black.

Edging and button loops:

…with black, work up left back edge in sc, work [ch 3/ sc in next] around neck edge, work down right back edge in sc working button loops if you want them.

Pants…

post-4896-135897468355_thumb.jpg

Join all rounds

With white, work 46 sc over an elastic waistband.

Rows 1-3: dc evenly around

Row 4: 2dc in 1st, dc in 21, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 21, 2 dc in last

Row 5: ch 4, dc in same st, dc in 23, [dc-tr] in next, [tr-dc] in next, dc in 23, [dc-tr] in last.

Row 6: dc in 3, dc dec, dc in 4, dc dec, dc in 16, sl st into 1st st, dc in 16, dc dec, dc in 4, dc dec, dc in 3, sl st in st #26 and sl st to join.

Row 7-9: work rows of HDC around each leg opening.

Trim rows… working along the three rows of hdc:

Pink – work in sc/ ch 3 around

Deep pink – work in sc/ ch 4 around.

Black – work in sc/ ch5 around.

Tidy all ends.

Booties…

post-4896-135897468357_thumb.jpg

Notes: Join all rows and you are working from the heel forward .

With black: ch 6

Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next 2, 5 hdc in last ch, hdc in next 2, sc in next, 1 more sc in beginning st.

Row 2: work in hdc making increases as needed to keep sole flat. (I got 24hdc on this)

Row 3-4: hdc evenly around.

Row 5: work in hdc making 6 decreases at front of bootie.

Row 6: work in hdc, making 2 dec at front. Break off and tidy all ends.

Add ties if you wish. They do provide some security for keeping them on the foot. I used one strand each of pink, deep pink and white woven through the stitches of the top row.

Hat...

post-4896-135897468361_thumb.jpg

With black: ch 21

Row 1: 2sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2, 2hdc in next, hdc in 4, 2dc in next, dc in 2, 2 dc in next, hdc in 4, 2hdc in next, sc in 2, 3sc in last ch, sc in 2, hdc in 5, dc in 4, hdc in 5, sc in 2, 1 more sc in beg st.

Row 2: work in hdc, work 3 sts in points but only increase if necessary to keep hat flat.

Row 3: hdc evenly around.

Ties: ch 30, 3 hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Break off and attach yarn to the other point and repeat, Break off black and tidy all ends.

Add trim:

starting about 3 rows in.. work a sc/ch3 mesh in deep pink.

At 2nd row… work sc/ch4 mesh around

At edge, work sc/ch5 mesh around.

post-4896-135897468364_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897468329_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897468347_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897468359_thumb.jpg

Edited by darski

Those are adorable. I can see where it would be hard to adopt them out.

Adorable! I'm sure your babies are going to a very special home where they will be very loved! I can see how you'll miss them. TYFS the patterns.

THAN YOU!!!>>SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!..I'm gonna make some for my dolly..I've had her since I was 12 and I'm 37 now....lol...My Lorraine Krysta

Hello, Darski! I'm gonna say thank you for both patterns. I found my 'Doll Baby' head when sorting through some crafts this past week and told my hubby I have to make a cpk for Gabriel. Now I've new clothes to put on him (well, when I get them made). You're the best.

OMG Darski, they are so cute. I am sure they will be happy at their new home and what an outfit for the trip.

Thankyou for the CPK patterns. You have made some beautiful outfits.:hook

Just don't say bye-bye to making your wonderful designs! I get excited every time I see a Darski posting. Thank You! :cheer

I really like this outfit love the colors you did it in.and how nice of you to give your babies a new home.

Thank you all.

Twice I have almost gotten on the bus to go get me some more CPK babies. Maybe after Christmas I can get a couple on sale.

They really are fun to design for. :dreaming

I love all of your patterns, they are beautiful and amazing. Thank you so much for sharing all of them with us here :c9

my daughter, now 25, received her first CPK when she was 3. Her girls now play with it. Thank you for the new outfit I can make for them!

I would love to have the pattern for the boy if you still have it!!!

Melissa