I'm in the mood for blue -18" doll- PDF ADDED

darski

• 8 months later...

I really love all your patterns! I am just starting to crochet again after years of not doing so I'm a little rusty, can you please tell me, with the first hat do I join at the end of the first row? Or just work side to side? Thanks you so much

I really love all your patterns! I am just starting to crochet again after years of not doing so I'm a little rusty, can you please tell me, with the first hat do I join at the end of the first row? Or just work side to side? Thanks you so much

all rows are joined for the hats.

Thank you so much for your answer, I just have one more quick question, I'm assuming that at the end of every row you chain some for the first stitch?

Actually I rarely use a ch st for the beginning of rows. I use a technique developed by Megan Mills - see you tube -> "... tidy away ends"

Since I don't do what most normal people do :eek I assume crocheters know how to start a row in the way that suits them.

NOTE: I have cancelled all connections to Google so I won't be doing direct links any more

I just wanted to let you know that row 7 for the white blouse has a type o in it, near the end it says hdc in 9, it should be hdc in 11, confused me at first then i just looked at the beginning and figured it out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello!
I just got started crocheting again, after learning some 40+ years ago. I learned by watching my mom, so following the printed instructions can be intimidating and confusing for me.

I am working on making the coat for my niece's doll.

I have the first part done, and I am guessing that the waistline is the part where I first started - it wasn't mentioned previously to the "return to waist line" comment.

After I Switch to 5mm hook, it says:

Left front: work in hdc for 6 rows working one dec on the sleeve side and four decs on the lapel side.
Row 7: sc in 4, hdc in 5 break off and leave a tail for sewing shoulders together.

Where am I doing this? Adding it to the waistline? Starting where? At the middle edge, side edge?
How many stitches?
Am I decreasing (dec) right from the first row?
By row 7, I have 9 stitches?

Back: work 6 rows in hdc working one dec at both sleeve sides.
Row 7: hdc in 5, sc to last 5, hdc in 5. break off
Sew shoulders

Again, am I doing this on the waistline, or seperately, then sewing on? Am I starting it from the inside of the back or outside?

Sleeves: work in hdc around armhole . My personal preference is to work sc at the base of the armhole to bring the sleeves into the usual position. Do what works for you in that though.

How many rows does this take?

Thank you for your help! I'm looking forward to making for of the clothes!

I also think there might be a typo about where to put one of the button holes. It says at row 5, then 10. If it's at 10, it ended up on the other side, so I put it at 9 or 11 to be under the other hole.

Barb

Hello!

I just got started crocheting again, after learning some 40+ years ago. I learned by watching my mom, so following the printed instructions can be intimidating and confusing for me.

I am working on making the coat for my niece's doll.

I have the first part done, and I am guessing that the waistline is the part where I first started - it wasn't mentioned previously to the "return to waist line" comment.

After I Switch to 5mm hook, it says:

Left front: work in hdc for 6 rows working one dec on the sleeve side and four decs on the lapel side.

Row 7: sc in 4, hdc in 5 break off and leave a tail for sewing shoulders together.

Where am I doing this? Adding it to the waistline? Starting where? At the middle edge, side edge?

How many stitches?

Am I decreasing (dec) right from the first row?

By row 7, I have 9 stitches?

Back: work 6 rows in hdc working one dec at both sleeve sides.

Row 7: hdc in 5, sc to last 5, hdc in 5. break off

Sew shoulders

Again, am I doing this on the waistline, or seperately, then sewing on? Am I starting it from the inside of the back or outside?

Sleeves: work in hdc around armhole . My personal preference is to work sc at the base of the armhole to bring the sleeves into the usual position. Do what works for you in that though.

How many rows does this take?

Thank you for your help! I'm looking forward to making for of the clothes!

I also think there might be a typo about where to put one of the button holes. It says at row 5, then 10. If it's at 10, it ended up on the other side, so I put it at 9 or 11 to be under the other hole.

Barb

@  aBarbL

I'm sorry but I don't get notices about this pattern any more and missed your post.  Happened to check in today.

regarding the buttonholes - Good on you to figure it out.  :ty

regarding the sleeves - it is going to depend on your stitches and your doll as to how many rows you need.  The sleeves need to be long enough to cover the arms the way you like them; that's how many rows :)

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Help!!!

I am trying really hard to make the pants, and or shorts for many outfits.

I am having a really hard time trying to figure out the directions for attaching the legs.

Is there someone out there that can help me out?

Please and Thank you!!!

Help!!!

I am trying really hard to make the pants, and or shorts for many outfits.

I am having a really hard time trying to figure out the directions for attaching the legs.

Is there someone out there that can help me out?

Please and Thank you!!!

as I said, I don't get notices about new posts for these topics.

I have some pics that show how the legs and then torso are made

post-4896-0-80302200-1477568542_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-20844700-1477568544_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-54939800-1477568545_thumb.jpg

this is the best I can do to explain how it's done.  Hope it helps.

• 1 year later...

Archived