wrap snuggie

Salli

I am one row 62 my weekend is just starting I have the next 3 1/2 days to crochet. I just hope I have enough yarn to finish, I may have to incorpate another color or two into this one.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a question do you work the right side, back and left side in sections then continue on? I am about to that point and wanted to ask ahead of time.

Yes work side, back, side then the joining row. I say it this way because I'm left handed and always work the opposite direction from all you righties

I got it, just gotta finish this part. I am gonna have to find another color to go with my red and green cause I'm about out. Hopefully I will get this part done and only have the arms to work on after tomarrow

You all are so fast!! We had an eventful weekend so I wasn't able to :crocheting at all. I am planning to work on mine tonight and tomorrow night while dh is at school. The "body" is about 1/2-way done.

I am starting my 9th snuggie and am using Homespun. I might just want to keep this one it is so soft. I am hoping to have #'s 9 & 10 finished by Black Friday. Then they can all get put in the mail. I will have so much free time I won't know what to do with it all

I'm just about done my first one. I have 95% of one sleeve done and just have to do the other sleeve. I went away for the weekend and put it down. Now I have to pick it up again. It's awful to leave a project when it's almost done because I lack the motivation to get it going again.

It's quite large and I find working in a circular pattern for the sleeves is cumbersome and bulky as I have to keep lifting the whole thing off my lap and untwisting it as I crochet.

It turned out larger than I expected but my 10 yo will like it as it's nice and long. It'll be a huge surprise.

Next I have to start on one for her sister. That's in addition to the 10 or so washcloth sets and scarves I'm making as gifts. There's only one of me and lots of yarn. :eek

Your snuggie looks very nice, I will take a pic of mine before the arms. Mine is red and green stripes and I'm going to do the arms in gray heather I thought about white but it was too much.

I am staring #10 this morning. I keep saying someone is going to end up with a sleeveless one. I whip thru the blanket part and have issues with the sleeves. hopefully my neices and nephews will love them.

I am staring #10 this morning. I keep saying someone is going to end up with a sleeveless one. I whip thru the blanket part and have issues with the sleeves. hopefully my neices and nephews will love them.

You are fast!!! :nworthy I want to make one of these for my SIL for Christmas but I am terrified I won't finish in time.

Very nice snuggie. :manyheart

#10!! :eek You are fast!

Mine still wasn't going too well and I eventually just got bored of it. So I decided to make one with Rose Red's flannel-ghan pattern. Instead of doing 5 strips with 7 blocks each, I am doing 5 strips with 5 blocks each. I finished the 3rd strip and put in holes on the second one (as I will on the 4th) for the arms. This one is moving along much quicker because it is a pattern that I love. :D

I still haven't started mine. But I want to. Just keep seeing other things I want to crochet:blush.

I just finished a sweater with the sleeves attached, it was hard to work with, and I turned my sleeves, so I could just sort of turn them, but working on the inside of the sleeve wasn't that easy even without turning the entire sweater.

I was thinking the next time I do something like this, I'll make the sleeves separate and then sew them on. I've done that before, it's not really that hard to wipstitch them. I hope I remember to do it with this snuggie also. So that might be an idea.

I just finished the sleeves on the first one and now I'm done with #1! :cheer

I'm about to start the second and I think I might just take up on the idea of crocheting the sleeves separately and whip stitching them on. I had to crochet one first just to get a "feel" for how it's done. Now that I know, I can take some liberties with the second one.

Here's what I've learned:

• The body takes literally no time at all
  • I'll use a smaller crochet hook next time as the afghan really stretches and the gauge changed after about 10 rows
  • I'll probably whip stitch the sleeves on afterwards

On to the second one....

Well I had to stop at mine. I ran out of yarn because my husband is laid off and I have to purchase around unemployment and bills. But I got enough yarn to finish 1 out of the three I am doing.

The one that say it is big did you do a adult or child? Red heart or the other pattern?

Got to get yarn for purple and red. But now that I am doing the pink again I should be done in a few days.

:clap:yay

Archived