One more request....

lusmom

Ok guys, I really wrestled with this one. I havent been around for awhile cause I just got married on the fourth of october. But....

I have been involved with my now husband for about three years. He has lived in his neighborhood for about eighteen years. So he knows his neighbors REALLY well. They are all good people. Across the street from us lives an older lady...she's a gramma to give you an idea. She has never been unkind to me. She always says hi, gives a wave and such. Shes just a really nice lady. Her husband is the same way. They are living thier lives and doing what they gotta do. Personally I dont know them as well as my husband does but she and her husband were there for him when his first wife died so I know they are pretty special.

Now this lady has three gorgeous kids. She has a daughter who I think is about thirty, a son who is about twenty five and her youngest son is about nineteen. Her youngest son likes to street race and one night back in June (I think) He was street racing, he also may have been drinking, I dont know. But there was an accident and he was severely injured. He spent several days in the hospital and passed away unexpectedly.

Fast forward to now, and as I was getting ready to go through this joyful time in my life with getting married again and getting a bigger family, I pass this lady one day outside my house and ask her how she was doing. She said honestly that she has been better. My heart just broke cause my life is wonderful and this poor lady is facing her first holiday season without a pretty major part of her family...her baby.

I am telling you this because I am hoping you guys will help me to make her a comfortghan. I am hoping for eight inch squares done with a J hook, in shades of bright blue....

If you are interested in helping, please send me a pm and I will send you my address and if you cant, thanks for listening. I appreciate you listening.

:hug:hug

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post a note to say thank you....make that a BIG FAT JUICY THANK YOU to Donna in Oklahoma for sending me no, not one. Not even five. Heck she didnt even send me ten. She sent me EIGHTEEN, thats right....count em EIGHTEEN squares for this comfortghan for this lady that she has never even met. I figured what with it being this time of year and everyone having things they are working on for the holidays, I would be really lucky if I got a couple. However to get this amount just blows me away with the generosity. Thank you very much. This is going to be a beautiful blanket.

I sure appreciate that you guys are willing to help me out with this. Thank you SOOOOO much for any effort given.

:hug:hug:hug

Michelle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived