12 inch squares for friend's kids

Mandii

A close friend of the family, Doreen, just found out yesterday that her husband committed suicide. They have two boys, Andrew and Christian and they're taking this really hard. Andrew has ADHD, bipolar disorder and Turrets and Christian keeps asking why would his dad do this to them. The boys are 14 and 12.

I'm hoping to get 12 inch squares to make the boys each at least a small comfortaghan to help them through this really tough time. Any colors as long as they're boyish but no black, as I'm planning to join them with black. Um, worsted weight would be good, any squares will be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to have any squares in by Saturday November 7th, that gives two weeks from today. The funeral is on Thursday so I want to try and have the blankets to them within two weeks of the funeral.

Hi Mandii,

I am new to the forum, so hello and I am so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Heartbreaking, and I will send good thoughts their way and yours. It's so thoughtful to work on this project for the boys. How quickly are you hoping to get the squares? What weight yarn (is there a certain brand you use?)

Since I'm brand new to this forum I apologize if these are dumb questions! I have been crocheting for years and I'd love to help, so any extra information you can post would assure me that I'm working on something you can use.

Kind thoughts for you and your friend!!

Hi Mandii,

I am new to the forum, so hello and I am so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Heartbreaking, and I will send good thoughts their way and yours. It's so thoughtful to work on this project for the boys. How quickly are you hoping to get the squares? What weight yarn (is there a certain brand you use?)

Since I'm brand new to this forum I apologize if these are dumb questions! I have been crocheting for years and I'd love to help, so any extra information you can post would assure me that I'm working on something you can use.

Kind thoughts for you and your friend!!

No, they're not dumb questions, it was my fault for leaving them out. Worsted weight yarn is pretty good, any kind. Acrylic would probably be the best since its for two boys and will probably need to be washed a lot. The funeral is this Thursday but I'd like to have the squares all here by November 7th, that way I can get everything together and to them within two weeks of the funeral.

You're welcome! I raided my stash of varigated yarn and came up with 2 very different looks for you.:hook

Judy, I got your squares on Halloween, they look great! Thanks so much!

Great!

Are you getting any more??

Would you like me to ask again on SKY?

• 2 weeks later...
Mandii did you get my square? It was a white one.

Jessie, I haven't gotten any squares other than Judy's. I'll keep a look out for it though.

Jessie, I haven't gotten any squares other than Judy's. I'll keep a look out for it though.

Alrighty. If it doesnt show up bty Dec & you still need squares I'll get another one out. I'll just have to package the one priority box into a smaller one & I can afford to mail your square out then. :D

I sent my squares on Monday, Did you receive them yet?

I received them when I was away over the weekend, thank you so much!

They're coming along great Judy, I just got a few more squares in the mail yesterday from Cindyy8s and someone with the last name of Gillman. I have enough to make two small ghans and a small ghan for their mother too! I just have to go pick up a little bit more yarn when I'm feeling well enough to drive (been having some problems with my hips and back) and I can deliver them!

They're coming along great Judy, I just got a few more squares in the mail yesterday from Cindyy8s and someone with the last name of Gillman. I have enough to make two small ghans and a small ghan for their mother too! I just have to go pick up a little bit more yarn when I'm feeling well enough to drive (been having some problems with my hips and back) and I can deliver them!

That's great!

Gillman= "sewandsew" on SKY

Archived