"Snakeskin" Belt

emtpixie

This is my 1st pattern!!! I've made the belt, but if anyone finds any mistakes please let me know. Also, I can't post pics, so if anyone makes the belt and can post a pic please do! My DH thought I was crocheting a sea crate (sea snake) while I was working on this, hence the name.

"Snakeskin" Belt

Materials:

"G" hook

2 oz. (more or less depending on your waist size) Peaches & Creme 4 ply cotton yarn in color 210 Licorice

Yarn needle

(2) 1 1/2" "D" ring belt buckles

Instructions:

Measure your waist and add 8". This will be the length of your belt. If you want a longer "tail" then add more than 8" to your measurement.

Ch. the number necessary to make a foundation ch. the length of your above measurement.

Row 1: DC in 2nd Ch from hook and in each st across, Ch 1, turn.

Row 2: HDC in 1st DC and in each DC across, Ch 1, turn

Row 3: DC in 1st HDC and in each HDC across. Finish off and weave in ends.

Finishing:

Fold one end of the belt (I used the end I began Row 1 on) about 1" over both flat sides of the "D" rings and sew in place, making sure you are sewing VERY securely. Weave in the sewing ends and you're finished!

If you prefer a belt that you tie rather than buckle make a foundation Ch. 2-3 times your waist measurement to allow for long ties and follow the pattern the same way, omitting the finishing section.

Archived