Yarn and Thread by Lisa

contrary.crocheter

I have made some online orders from a shop I found in an internet search called "Yarn and Thread by Lisa." http://www.yarn-and-threadbylisa.com/

They have some great sales and I usually get my order the next day. I live near Omaha, NE and this shop is in a little town near Lincoln called Crete, NE.

Well, yesterday I had to take my daughter to play volleyball near there so I decided to go early and see if I could find the shop. I am so glad I did!!! It was amazing. Not only did they have one of the largest selections of yarns I have seen but also many things made up from those yarns...whch is always great because there are some yarns or colors that got my attention that I might not have really looked at otherwise.

The people were very friendly and helpful and loved to talk yarn! Anyway, I wanted to share the website so you can add it to your list of resources, but also say that if you find yourself anywhere near the little town of Crete, be sure to stop in...it is well worth it and I will definitely be going back! Here are some pics of the shop too.

yarnshop1.jpg?t=1256054171

yarnshop2.jpg?t=1256054223

yarnshop3.jpg?t=1256054249

that is a really nice site! I especially like the way they have the yarns listed by fiber and weight, and the yarn by the yard section---a great way to sample new yarns. thanks for bringing it to our attention:hook

Hi my old crochet swap-partner contrary.crocheter!!!

I have also ordered from them. I called and got Lisa on the phone. She couldn't have been any nicer, and answered all my questions. She even sent me a couple of small samples of the yarn I wanted (Bernat Satin...the stores around here have only the basic colors and she had like the whole line).

I would definitely order from her again, but I would have to arrange to do so with a money order from my private money stash. Since I am not currently "generating any income," I might need to seek the advice of a divorce lawyer if I spend any more money on yarn, and a credit card order would definitely leave a paper trail. :lol

So how did you do on your trip there?

post-16535-135897467951_thumb.jpg

Hi my old crochet swap-partner contrary.crocheter!!!

I have also ordered from them. I called and got Lisa on the phone. She couldn't have been any nicer, and answered all my questions. She even sent me a couple of small samples of the yarn I wanted (Bernat Satin...the stores around here have only the basic colors and she had like the whole line).

I would definitely order from her again, but I would have to arrange to do so with a money order from my private money stash. Since I am not currently "generating any income," I might need to seek the advice of a divorce lawyer if I spend any more money on yarn, and a credit card order would definitely leave a paper trail. :lol

So how did you do on your trip there?

Hi my friend! Very successful trip. :yayHad to get yarn for the "Scripture Afghan" ( just starting the CAL here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106636 and found Bernat Denim STyle on a close-out sale for 1.99 a skein!! Lisa was a great help and my friend and I (who was also picking out project supplies) really appreciated her patience and advice!! I like to order from there, but it is great to be able to go in person!! wish you were closer, we could meet and shop!

Archived