Some recent bookmarks I made

rascalsmom

These bookmarks are all destined for shut-ins. Our sewing group (at church) suggested something like this, so I obliged since I'm the only crocheter.....we're going to look for a small book or something to go with them.

Hi, when you make the bookmarks, do you starch them? I was wondering if they are real stiff. Thank you for sharing. They are lovely...:cheer

I generally spray starch/iron them. Some, like the Bruges bookmark, I use fabric stiffener on, just because you sort of need it to get the pretty shape to hold over the long haul.

I generally spray starch/iron them. Some, like the Bruges bookmark, I use fabric stiffener on, just because you sort of need it to get the pretty shape to hold over the long haul.

Thank you very much. I made some too stiff and I didn't care for them.

Oops, just realized the Bruges book mark isn't in that group I posted! :blush Sorry!

Yes, all the others are spray starched/ironed. They are NOT stiff, but they hold their shape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your bookmarks are beautiful, you did such a good job. I especially like the 3rd one from the left; the white celtic cross. Is this your pattern or where did you find the pattern? I have been looking everywhere for a pattern like this. If you would share this info with me, I would appreciate it.

Maybe I will post this request in the Seeking Patterns section too.

Thank you :)

Archived