Do you like Granny Squares?

Do you like granny squares and what's your age range?  

337 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like granny squares and what's your age range?

• YES! 18-24
    • NO! 18-24
    • YES! 25-34
    • NO! 25-34
    • YES! 35-44
    • NO! 35-44
    • YES! 45-54
    • NO! 45-54
    • YES! 55+
    • NO! 55+

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted yes...I'm almost 61, but a VERY young 61;) I also love putting them together, esp when there are different patterns and colors.

It's very "Zen" for me:)

I vote yes. I love making them in a variety of colors, and styles, but I hate putting them together. My next granny square ghan will be joined with SC just because I hate the sewing. I think it will look fine with the boarder around the squares that SC leaves anyhow. Oh yeah, I am 32.

I love Grannies too! I have made many grannie square afghans. Don't really mind putting them together either! lol

Count me in. The Every Happy House Needs a Quilted Afghan CAL is where a lot of us granny square folks hang out. Making Afghans out of 2 round grannies is our game. I think I'm the only one making an afghan that has 35% of the grannies made in 4 different colors, though. Just call me nuts! :D I'll soon be 60 years young. :hook

Thank you all for answering, despite being in the wrong category. :lol

I must be a weirdo, because I love making granny squares (traditional pattern) especially because of the join as you go method. LOL I am currently working on a granny square treeskirt. I just thought it would look so cool... we'll see! :hook

I love granny squares. Sometimes they are a pain to put together, like the afghan I'm working on now( a Christmas gift). The grannies are all outlined in black, and the stitches are sooo hard to see! I have all my squares joined, and now I'm joining the strips.:yay I just hope my eyes aren't permanently squinted when I'm finished. :lol:lol I love afghans made of granny squares though.They look so cozy; makes you want to just snuggle up in it while sipping a cup of tea. :tea

And my age is 53 going on 35.:lol:lol

I like doing grannies that just go on and on - my current afghan project is the same granny square measuring 3 foot across - I'll just keep going until the yarn runs out!! :hook

I am 38 yo and don't mind making the granny squares, I just hate joining them and weaving in the ends :yuck. The one thing I like about grannies is they can be used for more than just ghans. Purses, scarves, coasters, placemats, dishcloths and the list goes on. Now that I use the join as you go method, joining isn't too bad, but would still rather just make the squares :lol:lol.

Archived