pumpkin tea cosy

DesertCrocheter

For all you tea lovers out there, the Happy Thought cosy masked to look pumpkinesque. Instead of a stalk, I put a number of crocheted frills, but I may remove some to add more dark green so it resembles a stalk more. This is my first knitted cosy, though I've crocheted several, and I'm quite tickled by it. The pattern is easy enough that even a new knitter could follow it (I modified it by just knitting 25 rows for my 2-cup tea pot). Thanks for looking, Patty

post-186-135897462152_thumb.jpg

Oh, That's to cute!!! I've never made a tea cozy before but now I really want to.

Thanks for sharing!!

Can you give me any pattern suggestions for some good knit and crochet patterns for the tea cozy's?

Thanks

Julee

Oh I love your pumpkin tea cozy!! It's so cute!! I've always wanted to make a tea cozy for my "kettle", but afraid to take that first step!! :eek:lol I don't know why?? :think

Thanks, Julee, coming from someone with your talent, I'm doubly flattered.

Check out CPC and KPC. This is a free pattern from KPC. Bernat has some crochet ones I've made, both free and from booklets. And I've made a couple of the free crochet ones, too, like the pansy cosy and teapot cosy. And if you really get hooked, there are a couple of wild tea cosy books recently published that are amazing.

Patty

Archived