Pattern-along... this might be fun!

jimbo

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay kids.... I came across my project today and decided that it was time to work on it again...................

This is the pattern so far with the last row being my added row for today.............

Step 1: Chain 15

Step 2: Join with a slip stitch to form a ring.

Step 3: sc in each st around

Step 4: Sl St in first sc, (Ch3, Sl st in next Sc) around, Sl St in base of first sl st.

Step 5: 5 TRC in each ch 3 sp, join with SL st

Step 6: Ch 3, dc dec around finishing the last dc dec in the same st as joining st from previous round, sl st to 3rd ch of beginning 3 ch.

Step 7: Chain 10, skip 1 stitch, DC in next stitch; chain 7, skip 1 st, DC in next st. Cont. ch 7, skip, dc around. End with sl st in 3rd ch of ch 10.

Step 8: 3 sc ... ch 3 ... 3 sc in each ch 10 sp. join with sl st to end.

Step 9: ch3, dc in nxt 2 sc, *(3dc in ch3 sp, dc in 3sc) cont. from * to end, sl st in top of ch3.

Step 10: *Ch 5, Sk 3 DC spaces and slip stitch in the 4th DC space.* *Repeat around.* sl st to join

Step 11: sl st in next two ch sp of ch 5….. 1sc ….. ch 5 …. *1sc in next ch5 sp… ch 5* … *repeat around*…. Join with sl st in first sc.

This is what it looks like so far...............

post-18634-135897555603_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Step 1: Chain 15

Step 2: Join with a slip stitch to form a ring.

Step 3: sc in each st around

Step 4: Sl St in first sc, (Ch3, Sl st in next Sc) around, Sl St in base of first sl st.

Step 5: 5 TRC in each ch 3 sp, join with SL st

Step 6: Ch 3, dc dec around finishing the last dc dec in the same st as joining st from previous round, sl st to 3rd ch of beginning 3 ch.

Step 7: Chain 10, skip 1 stitch, DC in next stitch; chain 7, skip 1 st, DC in next st. Cont. ch 7, skip, dc around. End with sl st in 3rd ch of ch 10.

Step 8: 3 sc ... ch 3 ... 3 sc in each ch 10 sp. join with sl st to end.

Step 9: ch3, dc in nxt 2 sc, *(3dc in ch3 sp, dc in 3sc) cont. from * to end, sl st in top of ch3.

Step 10: *Ch 5, Sk 3 DC spaces and slip stitch in the 4th DC space.* *Repeat around.* sl st to join

Step 11: sl st in next two ch sp of ch 5….. 1sc ….. ch 5 …. *1sc in next ch5 sp… ch 5* … *repeat around*…. Join with sl st in first sc.

Step 12: *sc in each of next three ch, ch 3, sl st in third ch, sc in next two ch, skip next sc, *repeat around* join in first sc

So cool

I may have to start it ...

When I am not feeling so hot,

It does look like it could be a lamp cover,shade cover..

Or turn into a funky hat...

A blanket?

Hmm or a bottom of a bag,of course we would have to line it..

great idea guys

I wish I had been a member of cville when this was started but as it is I would like to join in now. Just saw this thread today and was like that sounds like fun. I'm on row 10 atm and I'm using cotton yarn so far but because of how low this color is getting I might have to do a color swap here soon and I don't think I will work with cotton after that point due to the fact that I don't really have a high supply of cotton yarn as it is. I already have a next step if no one takes it by them time I get to that point lol. I think this is looking great and I can't wait to see the end product.

:sun............. Good Morning kids.........

I wish I had been a member of cville when this was started but as it is I would like to join in now. Just saw this thread today and was like that sounds like fun. I'm on row 10 atm and I'm using cotton yarn so far but because of how low this color is getting I might have to do a color swap here soon and I don't think I will work with cotton after that point due to the fact that I don't really have a high supply of cotton yarn as it is. I already have a next step if no one takes it by them time I get to that point lol. I think this is looking great and I can't wait to see the end product.

Hey hon.............

I'm glad you're playing along!

you know... this might be a fun way to exchange any yarns needed to complete our mystery project! what cotton yarn color are you looking for to keep playing along with? I just may have some to send you!

I have step 12 done............ waiting on someone to play along and give us step 13 :hook

:sun............. Good Morning kids.........

Hey hon.............

I'm glad you're playing along!

you know... this might be a fun way to exchange any yarns needed to complete our mystery project! what cotton yarn color are you looking for to keep playing along with? I just may have some to send you!

I have step 12 done............ waiting on someone to play along and give us step 13 :hook

Well I am working with a peach and cream variegated color atm. I think an exchange would be awesome but unfortunately not sure I can atm. If I can though sometime I think that might be a good idea! I'm working on step 12 now and I have our next step :cheer!

Slst to next ch.3 space, Ch.1, Sc in same Ch.3 space, Ch.1, skip next 2 sc, Tc in next sc, Ch.1, skip next 2 sc, Sc in next Ch.3 space. Repeat around and join with a Slst to beg. Sc.

Uh, I have to confess. I got lost after "Chain 15". But you guys are doing a BEAUTIFUL job!!

Uh, I have to confess. I got lost after "Chain 15". But you guys are doing a BEAUTIFUL job!!

Hehe If you wanted to start again the rounds have been posted in full up until my round. I think it was a good idea to start this cal. I just wish I had been a member when it first started. I know that you guys were trying to get it done be a certain date. Better late than never though :lol.

Here is mine so far including the round I just added.

VERY COOL LOOKING!!!

What color is that?

I think I have like 3 balls of it! They could be yours if you like..... :hook

Got the next step! It is 14, right? (the dec over the chain space, sc st, and other chain space is basically making 3 TR stitches and decresing them as 1 stitch,make any sense at all?)

Step 14: Chain 3, Treble crochet decrease over sc st and chain space (chain 3, skip previous TR, TR-dec over chain space, sc st, and next chain space) around, join with a sl st to first sc of round.

:bump Is this still going? Come on, we need more contributers! Do you think this might work if you can post more than one step a long as someone else has posted the previous step? This might help it continue faster!

Come on!:clapWe can do it! :cheer:cheer

I know I'm loving how it's looking :P. I am having a bit of trouble with the step you posted though. Is it like doing a Dc dec only doing Tc or is it where you make the three Tc then join them as one after they are made?

I know I'm loving how it's looking :P. I am having a bit of trouble with the step you posted though. Is it like doing a Dc dec only doing Tc or is it where you make the three Tc then join them as one after they are made?

It is a Treble crochet decrease. (*YO twice, insert hook into stitch, YO, draw through 2 loops on hook twice, leaving last loop on hook* repeat from here* to * twice, YO, draw through all loops on hook.)

It is like doing a decrease, but instead of decreasing over 2 stitches, you are decreasing over 3 stitches.

With decreasing, you are working over 2 stitches and making them one, right? Now with my step you are working over 3 stitches and making them one stitch.

Does this help at all?

Archived