Pattern-along... this might be fun!

jimbo

I've been slacking on my design work lately (I think I peaked too early with my "Pringles" tm brand snack chip container cozy). So it occurred to me just now that it might be fun to have a group design / crochet along.

Maybe this has been done before? Never saw one myself so I figure what the hay, we'll see what happens. Lets call it a freeform design/crochet along.

Here's how it might work. Without any specific object in mind, we add steps by way of progressive posts in this thread, to build a crocheted piece.

It might end up as a fun thing to frame and hang in your craft room, or an interesting way to store part of your stash for future frogging.

So, since my design talents are so beyond compare, I get to start the project rolling. I'll do that by responding to this post so the first step doesn't get all mired up in this post.

Now, what You do after reading my first step, is pick up some yarn, a hook, and crochet the first step in the project. Then if you'd like..respond to this post with YOUR design step, adding to the the design I started. Everybody will crochet what YOU specify, then someone else will add a step to your step, everyone crochets that step, someone else adds a step to that step, everyone crochets and so on. Get it? How fun will this be!!??

How about a date specific to end the design. How about Halloween?

And how about we not specify color (everyone picks their own according to their stash). However you CAN include directions for a color change.

whew.... I think I'll go take a nap now.

jimbo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew!! you KNOW that i exhausted my entire design vocabulary with my first instruction.

Its good to be at the beginning.

Oh and HI, Janine from LI NY! Welcome to the Ville!

We're off to a great start!

yeah...........come play.... this could be fun!

This is what my creation looks like so far........

[ATTACH]10281[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

OK Mine looks like that too. Someone please add a new step! I'm addicted!:lol

Jimbo: Checked out your blog. Absolutely beautiful hooks! Where do I send the hub to buy me one for Xmas? Also, I have a "man question" :think

Is angora "too feminine" to a man's scarf? The hub saw this yarn that I have in my stash and loves the color and softness of it, but I'm not sure if he's actually going to like the finished product.

Come on guys! Halloween is fast approaching and we only have what, 4 steps? We need more! Remember this is freeform so take a look at what's there and trust your artistic instincts.

Gang designed freeform. What a concept!!

I was trying to give others a chance to contribute, but here's my next step:

Chain 10, skip 1 stitch, DC in next stitch; chain 7, skip 1 st, DC in next st. Cont. ch 7, skip, dc around. End with sl st in 3rd ch of ch 10.

Mine looks like that too! OMG -- We're making a mutant doily!!

LOL..... :hook

it will be the coolest mutant doily ever..... hehehehe

:heart

:mug

Archived