Thomas the Train Slippers??

ericalynn

Question

My nephew is 3 and just had his appendix taken out. He loves Thomas the train, and since he is going to be stuck inside for a while and the weather is turning colder, I thought about making him some Thomas slippers. I thought about just making some simple slippers, and maybe trying to make the face of Thomas to put on them. Has anyone seen a pattern anywhere for Thomas slippers????

8 answers to this question

Thomas the Tank Engine is copyrighted/trademarked character. In order to legally distribute (for sale or for free) patterns featuring his name and/or likeness, the pattern designer/distributor would have to get permission from the copyright/trademark owner. This usually involves paying licensing fees that most designers wouldn't be able to sell enough patterns to make back the cost. That's why there are very few licensed patterns of popular characters available.

Some people choose to make unlicensed patterns available, but Crochetville's guidelines do not allow any links to or discussion of unlicensed patterns, via post, private message, or email to other members.

So I'm sorry to say that you probably aren't going to find any licensed Thomas patterns out there. If I'm wrong, and somebody knows of an actual officially licensed pattern, please feel free to post the link. My kids LOVED Thomas when they were younger, and I know they would have loved something like this!

Just remember, the fact that a pattern exists on the internet somewhere doesn't mean it's officially licensed. If you have any questions about whether or not a pattern is licensed, please don't post the link. Instead, email me first and ask me to check it out to see if our guidelines will permit the link to be posted.

Thomas the Tank Engine is copyrighted/trademarked character. In order to legally distribute (for sale or for free) patterns featuring his name and/or likeness, the pattern designer/distributor would have to get permission from the copyright/trademark owner. This usually involves paying licensing fees that most designers wouldn't be able to sell enough patterns to make back the cost. That's why there are very few licensed patterns of popular characters available.

Some people choose to make unlicensed patterns available, but Crochetville's guidelines do not allow any links to or discussion of unlicensed patterns, via post, private message, or email to other members.

So I'm sorry to say that you probably aren't going to find any licensed Thomas patterns out there. If I'm wrong, and somebody knows of an actual officially licensed pattern, please feel free to post the link. My kids LOVED Thomas when they were younger, and I know they would have loved something like this!

Just remember, the fact that a pattern exists on the internet somewhere doesn't mean it's officially licensed. If you have any questions about whether or not a pattern is licensed, please don't post the link. Instead, email me first and ask me to check it out to see if our guidelines will permit the link to be posted.

If I make up my own pattern for this and it turns out ok, can I show it off here? Just wondering, thanks :)

If you make up something on your own, you can definitely show off your finished item.

You just wouldn't be able to share the actual pattern (via post, PM, or email).

My nephew is 3 and just had his appendix taken out. He loves Thomas the train, and since he is going to be stuck inside for a while and the weather is turning colder, I thought about making him some Thomas slippers. I thought about just making some simple slippers, and maybe trying to make the face of Thomas to put on them. Has anyone seen a pattern anywhere for Thomas slippers????

When I was walking around Michael's today and I saw TTT in a crochet patter for a blanket. Maybe if you found it you could "convert" it to something smaller.

If you make up something on your own, you can definitely show off your finished item.

You just wouldn't be able to share the actual pattern (via post, PM, or email).

Thank you, I guess I will get busy on it then and hopefully they turn out ok for my nephew! thanks again :)

Archived