Sign in to follow this  
snbunch

Lonely sock

I finally finished this sock I started last night using the pattern on crochetme, and am very.. unhappy with the results. The pattern was fine, though I modified it a bit in the toes & heel. I used Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn, and I am less than pleased with the color. I purposely made my first sock with this yarn (instead of the other sock yarn that I have) in case I fudged it, so I suppose I wasn't expecting beauty. Anyhow, here is a picture of a lonely sock that may never find a mate. (The colors are actually a lot worse than they look in the photo.)

sock.jpg

I actually like the colors in the photo - sorry they aren't to your liking! I think it looks cool though!

I think it looks pretty good...don't let it be lonely - make its mate and it will smile at you!! I quite like the colors!

Hmmmm... don't know why you don't like it, I think it looks cool! It's too bad it didn't stripe the same on the cuff, I guess it would if you made the cuff longer. Don't give up I want to see a pair of socks from you! :hook

:frog

I finished my first pair of socks not long ago, and out of all the things I've made (tons and tons) I was more proud of them than anything because, for some really stupid reason, I could NOT crochet socks! It's like I hit a brick wall with them!

Yours look great!... especially once ya get the second one done! :)