Castle's End Square (8"inches)

champygirl

If anyone finds an error or has problems please give me a pm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Castle’s End Square

post-11825-135897461471_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl October 13, 2009

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn (like Red heart Supersaver yarn) in two contrasting colors.
(Color A: CA, Color B: CB)
Size H hook (5.00mm)
Yarn needle

Finish Size: 8”h x 8”w inches

Different Stitches:

Treble Crochet (tc)-Yarn over twice, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over and pull through last 2 loops.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With CA ch2 and 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc.
(6sc)

Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 2 sc in each of the next 5 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 2 sc in same stitch as joining, 2 sc in each of the next 11 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)

Finish off.

Rnd 4: Join CB with sl st to joining sl st from Rnd 3, 1 sc in next st (this will be the st you joined to on Rnd 3), 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sl st in next st, ch3, 1 tc in same st, , 1 tc in next st, 1 tc in next st, ch3, sl st in same st, [1sc in each of the next 3 sts, sl st in next st, ch3, 1 tc in same st, 1 tc in next st, 1 tc in next st, ch3, sl st in same st] Do this 3 times, join with sls t to first sc.
(12tc, 12sc) (24sts total)

Finish off.

Rnd 5: Join CA with sc to first tc made, ch1, 1 sc in next tc, ch1, 1 sc in next tc, ch1, 1 tc in next sc, ch1, 1 tc in next sc, ch1, 1 tc in next sc, [ch1, 1 sc in next tc, ch1, 1 sc in next tc, ch1, 1 sc in next tc, ch1, 1 tc in next sc, ch1, 1 tc in next sc, ch1, 1 tc in next sc] Do this 3 times, ch1, join with sl st to first sc.
(12tc, 12sc, 24-ch1 spaces)

Rnd 6: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each ch1 space, sc and tc around, join with slst to first sc. (48sc)

Rnd 7 Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in next st, (2 tc, ch2, 2 tc) all in next st, [*1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts*, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (2 tc, ch2, 2 tc) all in next st] Do this 3 times, Repeat from *to* once, join with sl st to first dc.
(16tc, 16dc, 16hdc, 12sc, 4-ch2 spaces) (60sts total)

Rnd 8: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in next st, ch2, sl st in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sl st into ch2 space, (ch2, 1 dc, ch2, 1 dc, ch2, sl st) all in same ch2 space, [1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, (sl st in next st, ch2, 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st, ch2, sl st in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts) Do this 3 times, sl st in next ch2 space, (ch2, 1 dc, ch2, 1dc, ch2 sl st) all in same ch2 space] Do this 3 times, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, [sl st in next st, ch2, 1dc in same st, 1 dc in next st, ch2, sl st in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 2 times, join with sl st to joining sl st of Rnd 7.
(36dc, 32sc, 4-ch2 spaces) (68sts total)

Finish off.

Rnd 9: Join CB with sc to any corner ch2 space, (1 sc, ch2, 2sc) in same space, [*1 sc in next dc, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sc, (1 sc in each of the next 2 dc, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sc) Do this 3 times, 1 sc in next dc*, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch2 space] Do this 3 times, Repeat from * to * once, join with sl st to first sc.
(48sc, 36dc, 4-ch2 spaces) (84 sts total)

Rnd 10: Ch2, 1dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc, ch2, 2dc) all in next ch2 space, [1 dc in each of the next 21 sts, (2dc, ch2, 2dc) all in next ch2 space] Do this 3 times, 1dc in each of the next 19 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(100dc, 4-ch2 spaces)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl October 13, 2009. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897461449_thumb.jpg

OMG!!! I thought the lacy was gorgeous - what comes after gorgeous??? :) This one I will take to the library to print. Definitely going in my gotta do file. Thanks so much. I love all your patterns!

That is such a pretty square. Thanks for the pattern. Yet another one to add to the to do list. There just isn't enough time to make them all. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Mini, I’m making an afghan from Champygirl’s Granny pattern “Castle’s End” posted on Crochetville. You left a comment on the square back in ’09. What I’m wondering is what is the symbol you are using as an icon on Crochetville? And where did you find it? John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Archived