Halloween Granny Rectangle afghan

DesertCrocheter

Hi all! This is the second blanket I made with SweetPea's orangle, black, and white yarn she found at a yard sale. I used Donna's 7" x 9" rectangle granny square she designed for our Crochetville Warm Up America challenge a few years back--and just kept going until it was really big. Then I put the pintuck border from the Harmony Guide To Crochet Edgings on it in just the orange and black. It's huge, more than 5 feet on a side. And will hopefully make someone happy. I dropped this and the Halloween Wavy Blanky off to Project Linus yesterday. Thanks, SweetPea65 and Donna! Patty

ETA: correct spelling, as 3 cups of tea have clearly not woken me up this morning!

post-186-135897460663_thumb.jpg

post-186-135897460667_thumb.jpg

I love this! So Autumn looking. And I am in love :manyheart with that border! :P

You did a beautiful job on the whole project. Thanks for sharing the pic.

I really like your granny ghan, DesertCrocheter!!! So rich in color and comfort, it's sure to make someone feel very happy and cared for. Thanks for sharing and caringl :hug

The pintuck border is very easy, and involves sc and dc, if I remember correctly, but the technique produces a rolled effect on the back side. So the back is just as decorative as the front, it's textural, and adds some weight to the border. I recommend getting the Harmony Guide out of the library to check it out. I had a gift certificate to our local spinning store, and when I went to use it, they had a book sale going on, and I spied this title right away. All told, it wound up costing me just $6 and change. And it has a nice variety of lacy and more solid, manly-looking borders, which I appreciate for my teen boy Project Linus blankets.

Thanks for all the kind words! Patty

Melmac, I still have orange yarn!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

(Backstory: SweetPea65 is a yard sale yarn magnet, and she passed some surplus yarn from her to stash to me. Orange, black, and aran, an off-white color. I had no idea what to do with the orange. This is the second large afghan I've made with those three colors and I still have 2 skeins of orange left--it's the endless yarn skein! Halloween magic in the RH SS carrot line!))

Patty

Archived