help with crochetme ankle socks pattern

snbunch

Question

I need help with this pattern: http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/socks_in_shoes.html

I've got the done, then it says:

Sc around for 2 rounds. (I understand this)

Sc across front half of tube (understand this). Chain 18, and attach on the other side of the tube. (The space between the cuff & the chain is where the heel will go later.)

Okay - there is the problem. Do I attach the ch 18 to the very back of the tube, or directly across? don't get it..

Also - how do I decrease in rounds? Say... decreasing 2 stitches per round?

Agh - I thought this was an easy sock pattern.. :eek

3 answers to this question

After you do the ch18, you attach to the first sc in that round.

The instructions say to do 2 decreases per round for the toe decreases (on on each side), but when I made them I made more decreases on the outside of my foot (the side with the little toe) because I tried them on and felt they were getting too square. But maybe I have pointy feet :P You can try them on as you go along, just like with toe-up sock patterns, just need to be gentle with the cuff so it doesn't get stretched out.

If you look in the Feet Need Socks Crochet-Along thread -- http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=536 -- there are a bunch of posts that talk about this pattern. I can't remember which pages, but if you look through there you'll find more advice about them...

Hope that helps!

Oh, I misread your question about decreases the first time. In rounds you decrease just like in rows, but to keep the decreases in the right spot I just lay the sock out flat to see where the edges are and make the decreases in those places. It doesn't have to be terribly exact as long as they're more or less on either side of your foot.

Archived