Indian corn lapel pin

lynns

What yarn did you use for the corn? This would be cute to use for little kids' Thanksgiving programs at school.

I used a green, orange yellow varigated (I don't know the name of the yarn, it was just scraps)

I made another one with Orange Ombre (yellow, orange, white and brown, this yarn was from Frank's Nursery and crafts, talk about old yarn LOL it was a thirft store find)

That is so cute! Thanks for sharing that with us. Red Heart has a 'Fall' variegated I just got recently, this would work with. :hook (Was that your idea, too?) Cute. :)

it isn't my pattern.... it came from a booklet called "Spread Sunshine, more lapels pins in crochet" by: Roberta Kieliger

it is a booklet my mom bought back in 1981...

I have tried doing searches to find another copy, no such luck....

• 2 weeks later...

That's so adorable! It looks easy, too! With all the different shades of variegated and ombre yarns available these days, you could make thousands of these and no two would be alike, just like real indian corn, and they would be PERFECT for bazaars or street fairs!

I used a green, orange yellow varigated (I don't know the name of the yarn, it was just scraps)

I made another one with Orange Ombre (yellow, orange, white and brown, this yarn was from Frank's Nursery and crafts, talk about old yarn LOL it was a thirft store find)

OMGoodness, I have about a quarter of a skein of this same yarn FROM FRANK'S, that I got in a mixed lot box of yarn that I bought on Ebay about three years ago! I love the colors in it, and now I know what I'm going to use it for! :lol It still had the label on it from Franks! :lol

Archived