"All Shawl" for my mom

mellybelly

I just completed Doris Chan's All Shawl - and WOW!

It is gorgeous, and its so easy! Its also really versatile - tons of different things you can do with this pattern. I made the 'long version' as written with Comfy yarn in Fedora from Knitpicks. The picture doesn't do the yarn justice - its a deep, chocolatey color.

I just finished it so I haven't blocked it yet...I figured it might help to set the stitches and help the border stand out.

It's supposed to be a Christmas gift for my Mom...I hope I can make myself wait that long to give it to her! :lol

post-19473-135897458911_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! I am attempting to hide it from myself in one of my dresser drawers until I'm ready to block it, closer to Christmas time. Out of sight, out of mind...not so much. I'm a little afraid that if I DO manage to leave it there and not wear it myself, I'll forget where it is come Christmas! I'm not proud to admit it, but I have found things I've stashed away like that...usually a couple years later. :blush

Wow! You did a terrific job & I love the color! I think yours' is my all time favorite "All Shawl" so far. It looks like it's already blocked because of how flat it lays & the border looks perfect.

I looked up the Comfy yarn & how nice that it's even machine washable/dryable. How did you like working with it? Did you use the worsted? From the pic it looks like a lace weight. Just stunning!!! You mom is gonna adore it.

I just layed out that pattern yesterday on the top of my "to do" pile!! I really, really want to get it started now!! I want to try the short version and see how it turns out. I hope 1/2 as good as yours. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Archived