12" squares for my 11yo son - Updated: Pics in Post #1 Thnx everyone!!

mescovedo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you are taking me up on my offer :) I am starting one as soon as I log off this afternoon, and I will try to finish both before the mail is collected here tomorrow, so that they reach you in the early part of next week. I am anxious to see how you and your son decide to arrange the squares into an afghan. Cherish your time together :manyheart

Got the card you guys sent. Made me cry. God bless you guys =)

:hug It wouldn't be the same blanket if not for the help of you and the other's here at the 'ville and he wanted everyone to know how much he appreciated it. He said "if they can take time out to make me special then I can take time out to say thank you". :) I hope to get the remaining squares in this week and then be able to put it together by end of week or this weekend. He's super excited!

Croshay and Dusti, I got your squares in yesterday! Yay, I start joining some of the squares last night so he was loving seeing how it was getting put together.

Then we got hit with sadness this morning... his leopard gecko that he's had for the last 3+ years died. He found it this morning in its tank. :( I think it as b/c when we had rearranged their room the dresser was in front of the window and with the cold fronts we've gotten in I'll leave the window up rather than have the a/c on.. I think it got too cold for him. I feel terrible. He had a heating pad under his tank but I don't think it was enough.

Wow -- I am amazed at how quickly the envelope flew from our house to yours :plane Mail from you arrived today, and I would like to commend your son for his kindness and you for instilling such thoughtfulness in your son. :manyheart

I can hardly wait to see the afghan all assembled, so I can just imagine how thrilling it is to see the squares in person and to be able to manipulate them into your own arrangement. I am so impressed by the generosity of the folks at The 'Ville and humbled to be a part of this project. We all want your son to know how important he is as an individual.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your family's gecko. Is everyone doing alright on your end? :hug

Thanks Tam. Got Lisa's square in yesterday and then I'll be complete! I've already got about half joined. Still have some work to do on it but it's coming along! I'll post pics soon!

Awesome.......... cant wait to see!

Sorry I was so last minute getting it mailed! I had it made and sitting here ........ *sigh* sometimes I could kick myself!

:heart

:mug

Did you receive mine? I sent it out last week. Sorry I sent so late- I also had it sitting here in front of me, and I kept forgetting to take it with me. :blush

Can't wait to see the afghan. How is your son feeling?

I just got the card you sent. That was so sweet of you. I loved your son's little note. So precious. I can't wait to see the afghan all finished. I know it's going to be beautiful. And your son will know just how special he is every time he looks at his afghan. When ever he feels sad, he can hold it close and be comforted by all of us. Sorry to hear about his gecko. Always in my prayers. :manyheart

Oh, your son's afghan turned out SO nice!! What a fabulous job everyone did. He looks content in the pictures...hope it brings his mind and soul much peace. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures.

Archived