12" squares for my 11yo son - Updated: Pics in Post #1 Thnx everyone!!

mescovedo

:hug I know you could use a hug! My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I think it is especially hard when our children are going through a difficult time. We want happiness for them always. You are such a sweet and caring mom, and your son is blessed to have you. Your love will help see him through this.

PM me your address and I will send a square to you. I will put it in the mail this morning.:hug

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is great to hear that your son will soon be coming home! I dropped 2 squares in the mail this morning. Here is the tracking #: 0550 3699 3000 0761 4704 via USPS. Good luck with the assembly of the afghan.

Thank you sooooo much Dusti! That will be a big help! He has an appt with a therapist for continued support on Tuesday and then a dr appt on the 29th that will monitor his meds. Luckily I have a great boss that gives me the flexibility to take of my family stuff!

Yay! Good news is my son will get to come home Friday morning! He'll still be having to see a dr and a therapist once home, but at least he will be home. They said once he started to focus on himself instead of the other patients he really made progress. I'm just so happy to be able to get him home soon!! And so excited to be able to get this afghan put together for him! He's going to love it! I'm still short on squares so if anyone has the time to donate a square I would really appreciate it! I'm lacking around 10 would be my guess (that's counting the ones that others have offered to donate) and I'm trying to crochet like crazy between work and visitation hours at the facility to get more done as well.

That is great news! :cheer

Thanks everyone so much! For the prayers and thoughts and squares! I'm so happy to be able to bring my baby home tomorrow. He's a bit worried about how things will be once he returns to school & I've told him how proud of him I am that he worked with the drs and therapists at the facility & has learned new coping skills. I've told him it's ok to be scared but to always remember that he can come to us about anything and we'll always be there for him. It will be a long road & I think this is probably one of those things that are always in the back of the mind - the therapists told us for many its addicting - just like a drug b/c of the endorphins it releases - but also that we were lucky we took action early.

I only need about 5 more squares to reach my goal - so if anyone else would like to donate a square please PM me as I'm still in need. I'll be sure to post a pic when it's all put together! This really does mean so much to me. And to be able to come on here and just update everyone and let everyone know how I am feeling about it all helps.

Sent out the square I made today at the post office. I hope you like it =)

I already know we'll love it! The prayers and thoughts that go into making a square like this is something that I'm sure you can just feel! Thank you so much Barbara Anne! :hug

My oldest son (who is 12 & is bipolar/adhd) said I should make a glow in the dark square. So I did. I am making another in some of the new yarn from Michaels & will have them out by Monday.

How fun! That will be awesome Jessie - please thank your son for me for such a cool idea! And thank you so much! I'm so excited to be able to do this for him!

{{HUGS}} for strength. Know we are here supporting you and your son. I know how happy you are going to be to have him home. May you have a good weekend, together.

Thanks so much everyone! Well, I brought him home yesterday and we had a great day but then last night he got sad again. Saying nothing's changed. His brother was still doing what he did before and not spending any quality time with him... Well his brother offered to have him come play with him but he said no! So we had a long talk last night. I mean, I know it's not "ok you're all fixed now" but I expained to him that he can't expect everyone else around him to change if he's not willing to make changes in himself and meet everyone halfway. It's going to be a rough road ahead... Keep us in your prayers please.

The wonderful gals here helped me so much when they sent squares for my son awhile back. He was going through some similar things. He still sleeps with his comfortghan.

I'll be glad to send you a square to sort or return the gesture. I'll PM you for the mailing address.

God bless your family and I'll say a prayer for strength to get through this hard time.

Well just an update - he's going back to school today for the first time since being discharged. I'll be picking him up early to go to his first therapist appt since the discharge as well. He was a little nervous when I left for work but all in all he seems ok. When I told him about this squares everyone's been so kind to donate and he saw the first one come in he got so excited!! Then he said he wanted me to teach him how to crochet too - since it's been raining for weeks he can't really go outside and play and he's trying to stay busy and occupied so as to not get bored. So I started him off with a big hook (P i think) and some chenille thick n quick yarn I had in my stash and set off to teach him how to do a hdc. He picked it up really quickly and has done like 4 or 5 rows already! So he's happy to have something to work on inside that keeps his hands busy and is productive. Crochet therapy! I love it! And although he's seen me crochet the last couple of years it was knowing that people are crocheting something for him from all over that made him want to learn!

I'm so happy to hear that your son came home and is doing a bit better. I really like what you said about meeting halfway- you can't expect others to change if you're not willing to change yourself! It's awesome that he wanted to learn crochet, to keep his hands and mind busy. :clap Good luck at his first therapist appt. and I hope school went well for him. :hug

I am mailing your square after I drop off my dd to preschool, as the post office was closed yesterday.

Archived