October's Shawl Is Ready To Go!

Elle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the waiting is most difficult for me, because I sit here, DYING to give hints on where it's going or who is getting it because I am HORRIBLE at keeping secrets when it comes to what I have gotten people for gifts! :rofl

In the (almost) 14 years we've been married, I don't think DH has EVER gotten a gift from me that I didn't hint around so much at what it was that he knew what he was getting before he even picked up the box! I'm worse than a little kid when it comes to that!:rofl

But no. I will NOT say anything. I will sit here patiently, waiting to hear from the new shawl lady. I have THE worst case of the fidgets right now! :rofl

The bell just rang and I saw that it was a delivery and said to DH, its just something I ordered.

Then when I went downstairs, I saw the box and the return address. I screamed, its for me - oh DH, I am the shawl lady.

Through his blank stare I opened the box and saw the most beautiful shawl in the world. It is soooo soft and I will be wearing it all day and even tonite when I go out for dinner. The weather is like winter here and its cold in my home so now I won't bother raising the heat. I will just wear my beautiful shawl.

I will have DH talk a pic of me wearing it tonite - you certainly don't want to see me in it now!!!!

Elle, Elle, Elle - what can I say. Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. You have touched my heart and I so do appreciate your generosity. You are a wonderful and giving person.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

PS - when I showed it to DH he said - oh thats nice - and believe me that is a great compliment - he normally grunts when I show him stuff!!!

:cheer :cheer Hooray and Yay-yay-yay, Aunt Bubbels!!!! :cheer :cheer

Great Congrats, Janet, you new Shawl Lady you! You made my day, having opened your post to such sheer joy. Thank you for sharing your wonderful surprise. :hug

And Elle,you dearheart, thank you for crocheting so many smiles. They do indeed reach across the miles, to places and faces beyond the addressed label. So cool. :hug

:day

Well, Congrats to you Aunt Bubbles you sure do deserve it. I here you guys are a little chilly. Enjoy and I can not wait to see you wearing it.:hook

Elle you sure have made my week. This was fun waiting for the new Shawl Lady.

Hey it is now time to Party:woo:jumpyay:party:juggle:party

:cheer :cheer Hooray and Yay-yay-yay, Aunt Bubbels!!!! :cheer :cheer

Great Congrats, Janet, you new Shawl Lady you! You made my day, having opened your post to such sheer joy. Thank you for sharing your wonderful surprise. :hug

And Elle,you dearheart, thank you for crocheting so many smiles. They do indeed reach across the miles, to places and faces beyond the addressed label. So cool. :hug

:day

My thoughts exactly!

The bell just rang and I saw that it was a delivery and said to DH, its just something I ordered.

Then when I went downstairs, I saw the box and the return address. I screamed, its for me - oh DH, I am the shawl lady.

Through his blank stare I opened the box and saw the most beautiful shawl in the world. It is soooo soft and I will be wearing it all day and even tonite when I go out for dinner. The weather is like winter here and its cold in my home so now I won't bother raising the heat. I will just wear my beautiful shawl.

I will have DH talk a pic of me wearing it tonite - you certainly don't want to see me in it now!!!!

Elle, Elle, Elle - what can I say. Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. You have touched my heart and I so do appreciate your generosity. You are a wonderful and giving person.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

PS - when I showed it to DH he said - oh thats nice - and believe me that is a great compliment - he normally grunts when I show him stuff!!!

I'm so glad you're so happy with the shawl! I enjoy making these so much, but the pleasure is magnified I can't tell you how many times by the reactions of the recipients! Enjoy it, Janet! I hope it keeps you nice and warm during those miserable northeastern winter nights. :hug

Well, Congrats to you Aunt Bubbles you sure do deserve it. I here you guys are a little chilly. Enjoy and I can not wait to see you wearing it.:hook

Elle you sure have made my week. This was fun waiting for the new Shawl Lady.

Hey it is now time to Party:woo:jumpyay:party:juggle:party

YAY Aunt Bubbles...Congratulations..I'm ROASTING, it's hard to believe someone is freezing..lol..I know it's hard to believe someone's roasting..lol..Can't wait to see you with your shawl..ENJOY,ENJOY!!!

OH TampaDoll, doesn't someone have a bag to finish??...Or are you done??..lol

Beautiful shawl and the color is perfect for you.

Congratulations, Shawl lady #1! :clap:clap:clap

Janet is Shawl Lady #2!

Janet, it looks beautiful on you! The color is great with your coloring! I KNEW you were the one for this shawl! :c9

Janet is Shawl Lady #2!

Janet, it looks beautiful on you! The color is great with your coloring! I KNEW you were the one for this shawl! :c9

Thanks for the compliment - I hate the way I look in pictures!!! But I guess we all do

And it matched the blouse I had on - everyone loved it

Archived