October's Shawl Is Ready To Go!

Elle

Ooh, the shawls are being mailed on my birthday!!! Cant wait to see who the lucky lady is!!! They are so beautiful, Elle and this is so nice of you.

Sure hope we don't have all the drama we had this month like with Mary Jo's Tote- how much more excitement can I take?? LOL

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The desk clerk on Saturday morning didn't realize I had a package sitting down there waiting to go out, so he didn't give it to the mail lady when she came. DH wasn't feeling up to snuff yet from his recent bout with bronchitis, and it was raining, so I didn't have the heart to make him get on the bicycle to go to the post office to drop it off, so about 15 minutes ago he left for the post office with the shawl. It is officially on its way! Poor guy, he called me from the library on the way home to tell me that he was trapped there until it stopped raining, but since the library was his ultimate goal on the trip anyway, at least he got to do what he wanted to do. And at least the shawl got mailed! THAT'S the REALLY important part for me! Anyway, in a few days, we should be hearing from the shawl's new owner!

Very, very beautiful shawl. You will make one lady VERY happy! :c9 It looks just so soft and also elegant. I love the colors and the texture look of the different yarns you used. Orange is one of my favorite colors...so much can go with it you just wouldn't think of putting together!! Again, Elle, you've made one beautiful shawl!

Well, it turns out we'll all have to wait one more day to see who gets the shawl, because DH and I both vapor locked this morning, not realizing what day it was, and when it finally stopped raining and he went on to the post office it was... CLOSED!?!?!?!! Yup! It seems we forgot about this little holiday called Columbus Day, and the post offices and banks were closed!

Anyhoo, he plans to leave out at about 7:30 am tomorrow (Tuesday) to once again attempt to mail the shawl! <sigh> Oh well. I guess it just adds to the suspense, which is already getting to me! Once it is decided who is getting the shawl I just can't wait for it to GET THERE!!! :lol

Oh no not another saga:eek We just went thru this with the tote.:lol

Oh it just adds to the fun and mystery.

Ha DesertCrocheter you have a cold wave going. We were 95 yesterday with about 45% humidity and no end in sight. I"ll be having the kids show up with a picture of their Halloween costume, instead of wearing it.:rofl

Sitting on pins and needles to see who the new shawl lady will be.:devil

Oh no not another saga:eek We just went thru this with the tote.:lol

Oh it just adds to the fun and mystery.

Ha DesertCrocheter you have a cold wave going. We were 95 yesterday with about 45% humidity and no end in sight. I"ll be having the kids show up with a picture of their Halloween costume, instead of wearing it.:rofl

Sitting on pins and needles to see who the new shawl lady will be.:devil

You are too funny MaryJo. We are freezing, it's been in the 50s in the morning and I keep running out the door in short sleeves and no jacket since we had no little summer I keep forgetting it's autumn already. My trick or treaters will need winter coats at this rate.

Elle, it sounds like the shawl doesn't want to leave you and go to it's new home. The new owner better be careful it's doesn't try and find it's way back to you. :D

It certainly did seem like the shawl didn't want to leave the comforts of home, didn't it? But leave it did, FINALLY, today! DH has a job at a house in town this week, he's sanding and polyurethaning the floors in a lady's house, but before he went to her house to work, he went to the post office and dropped off the shawl, so it is REALLY headed on its way to its destination today! :clap

The suspense is almost too much!!!!................

Where's the new shawl lady?

I'm hoping that by tomorrow or Monday we will be hearing from her! I'm on pins and needles until the package reaches its destination, I'm always so afraid something will happen in the mail and it will get lost! I don't relax until the shawl lady sings! :lol

I'm hoping that by tomorrow or Monday we will be hearing from her! I'm on pins and needles until the package reaches its destination, I'm always so afraid something will happen in the mail and it will get lost! I don't relax until the shawl lady sings! :lol

I know your pain. I think that is why I have grey hair.:rofl

I keep coming to check, oh well I will be back tomorrow.:hook

Archived