new pattern cal

mva5493

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I was recently sorting out my patterns Q over at Raverly and have managed to reduce it a little, but still have over 200:eek

Have been trying to make some smaller simple items to reduce the Q and have managed to make 6 items this week.

The bigger items are knitted patterns that I would really like to try, but they look really complicated (only novice knitter), but determined to make something for myself.

So would love to join this cal and see if I can get my Q down a little bit, have a few items I need to make for some swaps, out yarn shopping tomorrow for those projects so might pick one from the Q and work on that as well.

Count me in this time. All of a sudden Christmas is looming and there are things that must get done before then.

1. Finish 2 Christmas stockings for Teresa. (Commissioned almost a year ago.)

2. Make 3 Celtic Knot Shawls for Christmas gifts.

3. Finish Ayden's Christmas Quilt.

4. Finish 2 swap gifts.

That will do for a start.

anu-monty~ your chair back is beautiful! It's much too elegant for my house though. I have 4 boys and a hubby. Maybe I could make one to put in my woman cave.:lol

hay i also have twin daughters and they don't like such things. always throw the table covers, cousins from their places. my home is always in a mess [they will turn 2 yrs a day after tomorrow]. i think i'll use them when my girls will understand these things... till then they will be in my woman cave:D

your work is really nice.

Well I tried the knitted kitty pattern with no joy, my bf bought me a complete set of knit pics circular needles a while ago and thought I would try them out, but they are not short enough:(

So gonna crochet one instead, cant get any shorted ones in time, at least I gave it a go.

Welcome to all the newest joiners! Sorry I haven't been posting much but h1n1 has kept my family busy lately. Everyone is okay just spending more time in the er than we would have liked. I have been stuck on dishcloths for the last few weeks. I suppose the rr pattern(CroJulee's pattern) is not new anymore when you have memorized it, but I love how simple it is, as well as how quickly it works up. There are several knit cloths in the photo as well. The second link is for the tennis shoe baby booties I purchased on the net, I think at epatterncentral but not sure.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=DSCN5372.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=DSCN5345.jpg

Well I tried the knitted kitty pattern with no joy, my bf bought me a complete set of knit pics circular needles a while ago and thought I would try them out, but they are not short enough:(

So gonna crochet one instead, cant get any shorted ones in time, at least I gave it a go.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but look forward to seeing whatever the end result will be.:)

Count me in this time. All of a sudden Christmas is looming and there are things that must get done before then.

1. Finish 2 Christmas stockings for Teresa. (Commissioned almost a year ago.)

2. Make 3 Celtic Knot Shawls for Christmas gifts.

3. Finish Ayden's Christmas Quilt.

4. Finish 2 swap gifts.

That will do for a start.

Welcome, I completly agree Xmas is looming. I need to get going on the holiday items, but unfortunately I am a master at procrastination!!

I just whipped up a cotton bath puff to match the comfort pack. Trying to get my camera working, but here is the pattern that I used anyway.

http://www.ecrochetpatterns.com/crochetpatterns/bathpuffFREEcrochetpattern.htm

Love this, have been wanting to try one of these, maybe after I finish a few other things, this is a pattern I have not yet printed and I am trying to cut back

:clapa little late but i finished my chair back. got much confused about the edging and finally decided to make it like this.

tell me if i should do the edging..... i'll have to finish the last pineapples for that:yes

This is gorgeous! I just don't think I have the skill or patience for something that detailed! great job!:clap

• 2 weeks later...

I did a sweet november scarf/shawl but I did the pattern wrong in hard to frog yarn, so it was a very long shawl and very pointy. Problem of thinking I knew the pattern maker had made an error when they didn't. So to save it I turned it sideways and know it's an asymetrical scarf, so there. Plan on making the correct version soon,lol. Remember the movie? She wore a shawl several times as a scarf, there was alot of crochet in the movie, but she knitted in the movie. I mean there were alot of crocheted items she wore. I made a cloche to go with it from the lion brand site from the pattern cloche and cape.

Haven't been posting much lately, so I guess I need to get better about that. I am still making dishcloths and recently finished a round ripple ( I used the pattern at angelcrafts. I printed it out in '07 I think, but just had not gotten around to using it. I am happy with the way it turned out, but will stick with AggieMay's pattern for rrs. Will post pics in the am. Hope everyone else's projects are going smoothly.

Hi All,

I just registered today because this topic really hit home with me. I recently organized by patterns and much to my dismay discovered I have 15 3" binders full of patterns (not including the larger books). So what did this patternaholic do this morning? I found 3 patterns on line to print out, 1 pattern on ebay that I won, and ordered 4 more books. Thanks Annie's Attic and Herrschners! This has really gotten out of hand. My passion is afghans, followed by doilies, so guess I go from one extreme to the other. I am currently tucking in loose ends on a tartan plaid afghan. When it is done I will be starting a never before made afghan pattern. Too many patterns, so little time. I look forward to sharing with all of you. =) Regards, Diane

Hi All,

I just registered today because this topic really hit home with me. I recently organized by patterns and much to my dismay discovered I have 15 3" binders full of patterns (not including the larger books). So what did this patternaholic do this morning? I found 3 patterns on line to print out, 1 pattern on ebay that I won, and ordered 4 more books. Thanks Annie's Attic and Herrschners! This has really gotten out of hand. My passion is afghans, followed by doilies, so guess I go from one extreme to the other. I am currently tucking in loose ends on a tartan plaid afghan. When it is done I will be starting a never before made afghan pattern. Too many patterns, so little time. I look forward to sharing with all of you. =) Regards, Diane

welcome to the group AzGrama, sounds like you will fit right in! I am trying to stay away from Annie's attic right now, got an email as well as the clearance catalog in the mail, but so far I have been avoiding it. They make it so hard. I don't need more patterns but there are so many more out there to choose from......gotta have strengh....:hook

Here is my latest project. It is a round ripple, hardly a new concept for me, but not my usually pattern. I prefer AggieMay's pattern but was trying to still to this cal, so I used Lyn's pattern. This one is an xmas gift for baby boy due to arrive in December.There will also be some booties (sneaker) and a hat just not finished yet.

post-7445-135897474697_thumb.jpg

Here is my latest project. It is a round ripple, hardly a new concept for me, but not my usually pattern. I prefer AggieMay's pattern but was trying to still to this cal, so I used Lyn's pattern. This one is an xmas gift for baby boy due to arrive in December.There will also be some booties (sneaker) and a hat just not finished yet.

Hi Valerie, That looks so pretty. I have never made a round ripple. Can you direct me to AggieMay's and Lyn's patterns? I haven't got the knack for searching here yet. I have made those little sneaker booties. Just love them for the boys. My favorite girl booties look victorian, with rose buds and pearls and the pattern is from......hold it......wait.....Annie's Attic.:D And I did order from the sale catalog. Bad Diane, Bad Diane. (smacking own hands).

• 5 months later...

My name is Rita Banks I'm currently trying to work on the Lyn's round ripple I got pass the part that I was stuck on for over a month now I have come upon another problem when it says do a row of small then do a row of large my holes are not adding up I'm suppose to have 6 holes and I have only 5 if anyone can help me please do I would be very happy if so Thank you,

Rita Banks ritagirl1961@yahoo.com

Archived