new pattern cal

mva5493

hello ladies, i m joining you.

i m starting a pineapple chair set today. i wanted to make chair set but didn't get any good pattern of my choice. (i don't like fillet, it makes me tired:D) I'll get the pattern printed today and start it later in the evening.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost done with my sachet. I got the front and back completed, the pouch of potpourri and the first round of joining everything together done. I'll be heading to my couch to finish it up in a few minutes. An unexpected difficult came up...the potpourri is not playing nice with my allergies, so I have to keep a box of tissues handy and take very frequent breaks =/ Good thing it's small and almost done! I'll post pics tomorrow morning =)

Got it finished quicker than I thought I would. So here it is. Sachet #21 from The Best of Patricia Kristopherson. It's 4 1/4" square made out of size 10 Ecru Thread and a 1.75mm steel Clover Soft Touch hook. The potpourri is rose scented. This is a birthday gift for one of my Aunts.

post-365-135897460047_thumb.jpg

post-365-13589746005_thumb.jpg

post-365-135897460054_thumb.jpg

post-365-135897460056_thumb.jpg

hello ladies, i m joining you.

i m starting a pineapple chair set today. i wanted to make chair set but didn't get any good pattern of my choice. (i don't like fillet, it makes me tired:D) I'll get the pattern printed today and start it later in the evening.

Welcome! We look forward to seeing your project. Pineapple is another one of those pattern I have never tried before.

Got it finished quicker than I thought I would. So here it is. Sachet #21 from The Best of Patricia Kristopherson. It's 4 1/4" square made out of size 10 Ecru Thread and a 1.75mm steel Clover Soft Touch hook. The potpourri is rose scented. This is a birthday gift for one of my Aunts.

Very nicely done, Swayde. Congrats on getting it finished. Sorry about the potpurri/allergies. I love how dainty and feminine it looks. It makes me think of antique vanities with tapestry benches. And Victorian stye houses Thanks for sharing.

Very nicely done, Swayde. Congrats on getting it finished. Sorry about the potpurri/allergies. I love how dainty and feminine it looks. It makes me think of antique vanities with tapestry benches. And Victorian stye houses Thanks for sharing.

You couldn't have given me a better compliment. That Victorian look is EXACTLY what I was going for! That is how my aunt's house is decorated and the style she loves =)

You couldn't have given me a better compliment. That Victorian look is EXACTLY what I was going for! That is how my aunt's house is decorated and the style she loves =)

Looking at your sachet made me think about those Victorian doll house kits you see at places like HL and Michael's. Sounds like your aunt will love it, if I got she definitely will. I love the look of thread projects, but just can't work with it or those small hooks necessary to pull it off.

Time for a status report. It saddens me to tell you all that I have been beaten by a dishcloth pattern, or more accurately, this yarn I have been trying to turn into a dishcloth. I have tried 4 different patterns, and I just can't seem to find the right one. So, I am putting the peaches and creme gumdrop on hold.

On a positive note, I may not have finished the Tunisian dish cloth, but I have been making dishcloths. I have some basic knitted, a filled in granny (bernat free pattern), a basic washcloth (pattern name) in crochet, and CroJulee blue ribbon round ripple dishcloth. I used peaches and cream sunrise and gold.. sugar and cream country print (the yellow with green and orange specs, dh says it reminds him of mexican cornbread), and the lighter yellow is I love this cotton(buttercup). I am working on another rr using CroJulee's pattern in the dreaded gumdrop (I am hoping it will work out better this time).

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0528.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0530.jpg

OK, my 16 year old son came home from school last week and told me about this cool bag that his environmental issues teacher has. He says that somehow it is made out of old plastic bags woven together. So I say maybe it's a crocheted plarn bag. He says can you make one for me? That would be so cool! No problem :lol:lol:lol I started making a plarn ball yesterday and after 3 hours it was only the size of my fist.:eek THIS COULD TAKE AWHILE!:yes

Well I finally got on Tunisian Dishcloth finished. It is from the same pattern book (A Dozen and tunisian dishcloths). This one is called Ridges and is done in Peaches and Creme Gumdrop. Also I did another of CroJulee's round ripple dishcloth. Love this pattern, also done in PNC Gumdrop. Both are edged in pnc gold. Now on to something just a bit bigger.:)

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0549.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0543.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0544.jpg

i haven't started the round ripple yet because of yarn but i may have some i my stash i can use for this. instead i have been "rewriting" a chemo cap pattern from worsted with a K hook to 2 ply sport with a F hook.(only frogged it twice so far) will start the ripple as soon as i get this cap finished.

i haven't started the round ripple yet because of yarn but i may have some i my stash i can use for this. instead i have been "rewriting" a chemo cap pattern from worsted with a K hook to 2 ply sport with a F hook.(only frogged it twice so far) will start the ripple as soon as i get this cap finished.

Your cap sounds interesting. As I said before there is no time limit on this cal so work at your own pace.

I might make a one skien lap blanket from the red heart site. I have so much going and a gazillion books to read. I will take a look at it. Liked the idea of it only taking one skien.

Is it the one shown in claret? Not sure about the website, but I have a pattern sheet for a one skien that I have looked at lots of times, also liking the idea that it only takes one skien. Look forward to seeing it.:yes

Looking at your sachet made me think about those Victorian doll house kits you see at places like HL and Michael's. Sounds like your aunt will love it, if I got she definitely will. I love the look of thread projects, but just can't work with it or those small hooks necessary to pull it off.

I agree with you, thread and little hooks make me nuts! The work just goes too slowly for me. I would love to join. Have tons of WIP -- but that's another thread. I have probably a zillion patterns, most of which I haven't made yet and I go through them all the time, but mostly just for inspiration. My favorite pattern is always the one that is newest in the house. The 1st project for this CAL is the "Rialto Raglan Cardigan" from the November 2009 Crochet! magazine. This issue has so many nice patterns. There is a ruffled purse that I would like to make my stepdaughter and DIL for Xmas, and men's socks, and a wrap sweater and... :lol:lol:lol That's just this month's issue!!!:ohdear Then there's Interweave Crochet ...

Well, I'm sure you all get the point, because we seem to have the same disease.

Oh, almost forgot -- The reason I started this post in the 1st place:

:cheer:clap Wow! Beautiful sachet! You must have lots of patience. I am sure your aunt will love it.

Also, about the 1 skein afghan -- What's the yardage on that skein?????:think:think

Here are my versions of 2 patterns in my stash that I haven't tried yet. The one is from Maggie Wheldon's Holiday Afghans Book 1. I made one of the Halloween pumpkin squares, then turned it into a trick or treat bag. The other one is from Hooked on Crochet October 2006. It is my version of Vinnie the Vampire. I just used what I had on hand.

post-6187-135897462475_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897462478_thumb.jpg

Here are my versions of 2 patterns in my stash that I haven't tried yet. The one is from Maggie Wheldon's Holiday Afghans Book 1. I made one of the Halloween pumpkin squares, then turned it into a trick or treat bag. The other one is from Hooked on Crochet October 2006. It is my version of Vinnie the Vampire. I just used what I had on hand.

love your trick or treat bag, and Vinnie is very cute. I didn't know a vampire could be cute but he certainly isl. :yes Great job!

• 2 weeks later...

:clapa little late but i finished my chair back. got much confused about the edging and finally decided to make it like this.

tell me if i should do the edging..... i'll have to finish the last pineapples for that:yes

post-32270-135897465966_thumb.jpg

post-32270-135897465974_thumb.jpg

Finished my cardigan. Can't post a pic, because my husband brought the camera to work and left it there. Turns out, I don't like the way it fits, and the color isn't so good on me, so I'm going to give it to mom. (Not that it's ugly or anything -- she will love it, it's her color. Maybe subconsciously I meant to make it for her all along)

Excellent job on both of your projects! I especially love the trick or treating bag =)

:clapa little late but i finished my chair back. got much confused about the edging and finally decided to make it like this.

tell me if i should do the edging..... i'll have to finish the last pineapples for that:yes

Looks great!

Archived