new pattern cal

mva5493

Hello my name is Valerie and I am a patternaholic. As I sit here with my newly organized pattern collection, I realize I have a problem. To many patterns(unused), so to motivate me to use some of these patterns (and of course reduce the yarn stash that is just as big). I would like to start a new pattern CAL.

I have participated in CALs but have never started one, so please be patient as I am sure I will make lots of mistakes.:yes I also hope that it will help me resist the urge to get more patterns, don't know if that is possible but I am going to try.

I want to try some new patterns. Could be a dishcloth, hat, afghan, scarf you choose. The only requirement is that it be something you haven't done before.

So ladies, for those of you who are patternaholics like me are you ready to try something new???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like fun. As soon as I finish up my current project I think I will be joining in on this one. I too have tons of patterns and never really know where to start unless someone requests something specific =)

this is tempting but i need to give it some thought. I have so many patterns that I haven't tried and I am trying to "make something that matters" IYKWIM

:think

and then we have the yarn question. :rofl

Oh dear, this sounds like me, alright. My username on ravelry is "patterncollector" - and it fits! I love trying new patterns, but I'm not always the best at finishing them. I think I'll start with going through my patterns and organizing them - thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I'll find one I forgot about to try.

Welcome to all of you and thanks for joining me. I think I will do much better with this if I have at least a little bit of accountability.

I am so happy to see that I am not alone! Not that I wish this sickness on anyone else, just happy not to be the only one.:devil

I suppose we should mention patterns that we try as well as posting progress and finished projects. I thought for me I would like to start with some of the patterns I have had the longest.

My first project will be one of the designs from "A Dozen & one Tunisian Dishcloths" by Kim Guzman. Don't know which one yet, baby steps here, lol.

I would love to try too. I'm not really sure what this is as I'm just a beginner but I catch on quick! ;)

CAL= crochet a long. For this cal very simple, just try a new pattern. Welcome!

For those of you who have other things to finish up, this will be an ongoing CAL as long as there is interest. I certainly have enough patterns to keep me busy for quite some time. :blush:blush My biggest hurdle will be actually finishing things, I have several WIPs but that is another CAL and and Forrest Gump says "that's all I have to say about that", lol.:devil

For those of you who have other things to finish up, this will be an ongoing CAL as long as there is interest. I certainly have enough patterns to keep me busy for quite some time. :blush:blush My biggest hurdle will be actually finishing things, I have several WIPs but that is another CAL and and Forrest Gump says "that's all I have to say about that", lol.:devil

:rofl :rofl :rofl Were talking about me there? I just printed off 3 new patterns yesterday to add to the growing stack of untried patterns I have. I'll think about this one and probably jump in soon.

Good luck to everyone. :manyheart

I was out this morning and I got some ribbon yarn in the mill ends bin. I think I will try to find a pattern for a shawl in this stuff and use that for this CAL.

I'm looking but they seem to have been a fad that has passed. :rofl

I was out this morning and I got some ribbon yarn in the mill ends bin. I think I will try to find a pattern for a shawl in this stuff and use that for this CAL.

I'm looking but they seem to have been a fad that has passed. :rofl

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. A shawl is one of my goals with this cal. I have several patterns, but have been a bit intimidated by shawls, stoles, and wraps. I don't care for patterns where you have to chain what seems like a million stitches and then work at a snail pace and not see much progress. Maybe the is my limited patience acting up again,lol.

I'd love to join this one. I'll have to search through all the patterns I printed in the last couple weeks and see what I can come up with. Oh, maybe something from all the booklets that I have purchased, but haven't used yet.:think:eek I'll come up with something.:yes

I'd love to join this one. I'll have to search through all the patterns I printed in the last couple weeks and see what I can come up with. Oh, maybe something from all the booklets that I have purchased, but haven't used yet.:think:eek I'll come up with something.:yes

Welcome, I totally understand having lots to choose from.:yes

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. A shawl is one of my goals with this cal. I have several patterns, but have been a bit intimidated by shawls, stoles, and wraps. I don't care for patterns where you have to chain what seems like a million stitches and then work at a snail pace and not see much progress. Maybe the is my limited patience acting up again,lol.

Like you need another pattern :rofl Boy do I know that one .

This is my absolute all time best ever shawl pattern.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80272&highlight=angel+wings+shawl

it works from the bottom up so you don't start with a gazillion chains. :wlol

It really is fast and so pretty when made. It is easy to trim with your fave edging too. :dreaming

Like you need another pattern :rofl Boy do I know that one .

This is my absolute all time best ever shawl pattern.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80272&highlight=angel+wings+shawl

it works from the bottom up so you don't start with a gazillion chains. :wlol

It really is fast and so pretty when made. It is easy to trim with your fave edging too. :dreaming

Lol I don't need another pattern that one is already in the collection.:rofl:rofl:laughroll

Maybe I'll work up to a shawl, baby steps = dishcloth for now,lol.

I was invited yesterday to a birthday party for one of my Aunts. So I am making her a sachet from a pattern I have never done before. It's in my The Best of Patricia Kristopherson book. It's sachet #21. It's square shaped, very pretty. I finished the backside already. I will need to go to the store to buy the tulle, ribbon and potpourri for it. I just started on the front side. Some of the stitches were very, very tricky, but I finally managed to get them figured out. I did end up with a few extra SC's on the last row, but hopefully that won't be a major issue. It was only about 4 more SC's so I am sure I can work around that when I go to attach both sides together.

i've decided to start with the round ripple i currently have on my desktop (pdf) i must wait till the 20th as i need yarn

Love round ripples. They are very addictive (I think my last count was 23 or 24? I am not sure).

I was invited yesterday to a birthday party for one of my Aunts. So I am making her a sachet from a pattern I have never done before. It's in my The Best of Patricia Kristopherson book. It's sachet #21. It's square shaped, very pretty. I finished the backside already. I will need to go to the store to buy the tulle, ribbon and potpourri for it. I just started on the front side. Some of the stitches were very, very tricky, but I finally managed to get them figured out. I did end up with a few extra SC's on the last row, but hopefully that won't be a major issue. It was only about 4 more SC's so I am sure I can work around that when I go to attach both sides together.

sounds beautiful, can't wait to see picks. Patricia Kristopherson is another designer I love the pics I have seen, but have been intimidated by, maybe one day.....

Just checking in to update. I am just about to the halfway point on this dishcloth. I am working the pattern called extended stitch on pg 9 of "A Dozen & One Tunisian Dishcloths" by Kim Guzman (the ville's own CrochetKim for anyone who might not have known) I am using peaches and creme gumdrops and it is very colorful. I hope to finish and post pics today, just depends on how much life slows me down today.:)

at this point I am re-thinking my ribbonyarn piece as I think I will have to design my own poncho pattern for it. I have an idea :dreaming

so now I need another Untried pattern to make instead... It's not like I don't have any of those. ...** desperately searches through files** :wlol

at this point I am re-thinking my ribbonyarn piece as I think I will have to design my own poncho pattern for it. I have an idea :dreaming

so now I need another Untried pattern to make instead... It's not like I don't have any of those. ...** desperately searches through files** :wlol

I totally get the rethinking idea,lol. I should have been finished with this dishcloth by now, but I have gone through quite a few in this pattern book. The first two for some reason my mind just could not get. Number three I didn't like my color choice. Not totally pleased with this attempt either but, it was a better fit than the last one, and I want to finish at least one so I am sticking it out.

Archived