I need heeeellllpppp

Guest kathyM

Question

Guest kathyM

I have a pattern that I have started several times and get confused and set it aside then try again.... well i am still on row 1. It is a crochet bikini for my sister....

to make the top I have to make two cups...

It says to ch 15 Row 1 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook and 1 sc in each ch to last ch 5 sc in last ch mark center sc (I am assuming that this is the 3rd sc of the 5) Then it says DO NOT TURN. working into the other side of ch work 1 sc in each rem loop of ch to end of ch. Turn 31. Does this mean I basically have an oval with 31 stiches? Row 2: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn

3rd row Ch 1. sc in each sc to center sc 5 sc in center sc. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn

So I am very confused which side of the work I am on . When I finish row 2 I thought that I would be back to the center.... any one think that they can walk me through this??

THANKS!

Kathy

10 answers to this question

Ok I went and worked on what you have written out...

What you are doing is almost an oval.. You will have one side that is rounded(that is where your 5sc are) and when you get to the end you dont join, so this makes it flat..

When you do the first row , you are sc in the the chains till you get to the last one that is where you do 5 sc.. mark your 3rd sc in that 5.. that is your center.. now you continue with the free loops(back side) of the chains that you just did and continue to the end.. DO not join, you ch 1 and than turn or turn than ch 1 and continue around..

than rnd 2 do your sc in in each sc and than you end at the begining of the 1rst row.. than you either can ch 1 there or turn than ch1 and than you will go back around and do the sc in each sc till you get to the top of the rounded area(that is where your cntr of the 1rst row of 5 sc) you do your 5 sc in that space and than continiue..

I hope that I have made since..

Any more help let me know..

Is the pattern on the web? than I can follow along with you?

Guest kathyM

Rebecca,

The rows when finished are vertical...or on a diagonal really.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Kathy

Guest kathyM

Cathey,

The bikini pattern is not on line but you can see it if you go to patonsyarn.com and go to their patterns. It is on the cover of one of the pattern books shown.

Thanks again for your help.

Kathy

cathey - let me see if this is what you are saying:

first, make the oval from the beginning chain, the 5sc is the 'top', then go down the side, ch-turn, going up the side you just went down, over the top then down the other side, ch-turn, back up side and then over top and down other side again.....

is this right?

Its a cute pattern. Hard to see though.. But anyways how I was telling you to do the pattern is the correct way.. As the flat end is the bottom part of the top, and your 5 sc in the one sc is the top part that will get bigger when going around..

Hope I make since..

PS if you still have probs let me know and than just send me more of the pattern so I can work it with you

Guest kathyM

Cathey and Rebecca,

Thanks for all of your help. I am in Florida right now (I live in NJ) taking care of my parents, both of whom have cancer. I don't get a lot of time to work on my crocheting, but will sit this afternoon and give it a try.

Kathy

Archived