Thank you!: Ornament/Squares for a Homecoming Soldier -Thank you!!

quietheart

I really want to make a checkered flag (Indianapolis being the racing capital of the world), but I just don't know if i can work it out in thread. I'm going to try out entrelac this weekend...not sure if it's going to work in thread though. We'll see!

If that doesn't work you could do some small granny squares in thread and then sew them together. Or tapestry/graph crochet may work.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Julee!

You can pick another state if you like! Totally up to you!

Hugs

Kath

Okay, Ummm, What to pick!?!

I'll think over which state I would like to make an ornament for then let you know.

Julee

well........ here is my Nebraska ornament!

The 1945 Legislature changed the official state name to the

“Cornhusker State”. The name is derived from the nickname for the University of Nebraska athletic teams - the "Cornhuskers" - which was coined in 1900 by Charles S. "Cy" Sherman, a sportswriter for the Nebraska State Journal in Lincoln. "Cornhuskers" replaced earlier nicknames, such as "Golden Knights", "Antelopes", and "Bugeaters". The term "cornhusker" comes from the method of harvesting or "husking" corn by hand, which was common in Nebraska before the invention of husking machinery.

post-18634-135897459896_thumb.jpg

I sure do hope your son likes it!!!

:heart

:mug

Progress report :yarn. So far I have the 12" square done and I'm about halfway done with the ornament. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted for the ornament in a crochet pattern, so I am crafting a different type of ornament that isn't crochet :(. But hopefully it will be acceptable anyway. ;)

Just wanted to say as a Blue Star Mom in the Fayetteville area we attend all the Airborne home comings... I can give him an extra hug for you if you can't make it... If you do we always have the refreshment/ relief center for families set up ..come by asnd say hi !

Progress report :yarn. So far I have the 12" square done and I'm about halfway done with the ornament. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted for the ornament in a crochet pattern, so I am crafting a different type of ornament that isn't crochet :(. But hopefully it will be acceptable anyway. ;)

Im sure it will be awesome!

Hugs

Kath

Just wanted to say as a Blue Star Mom in the Fayetteville area we attend all the Airborne home comings... I can give him an extra hug for you if you can't make it... If you do we always have the refreshment/ relief center for families set up ..come by asnd say hi !

Oh my gosh! Could you do this? I watch a video on youtube of them last time coming up the green .. way? and I cry every time I watch it.

lol and i so wanted to be there but we just cant. So we are waiting for leave block to get our hands on him.

If you could find him and hug him for me that would be the MOST amazing thing ever since none of his family can be there. And he said this was really best since he has to work etc until leave block so married guys have more time off or something.

Look for Spc Baer (I dont know if he has his new rank on his uniforms yet either lol) , he is really tall (blonde but you wont see that with his beret on lol) with glasses (unless he has his contacts on which I doubt since he couldnt get them in iraq).

This would be unbelievably amazing!!

When you get your hands on him, whisper "Your mom couldnt be here but she sent me to tell you she loves you bubby!" then he will know it was really from me since thats what I call him lol

We dont have exact flight times obviously, but email me for the info I have. I am not comfy posting troop movements in public.

Hugs

Kath

well........ here is my Nebraska ornament!

The 1945 Legislature changed the official state name to the

“Cornhusker State”. The name is derived from the nickname for the University of Nebraska athletic teams - the "Cornhuskers" - which was coined in 1900 by Charles S. "Cy" Sherman, a sportswriter for the Nebraska State Journal in Lincoln. "Cornhuskers" replaced earlier nicknames, such as "Golden Knights", "Antelopes", and "Bugeaters". The term "cornhusker" comes from the method of harvesting or "husking" corn by hand, which was common in Nebraska before the invention of husking machinery.

[ATTACH]9884[/ATTACH]

I sure do hope your son likes it!!!

:heart

:mug

OMgosh! That is so awesome!!!! Make sure you add a little note with that info for him too! He loves that kinda stuff!!

Thank you so much!!

Hugs

Kath

Kath, I'll keep up with the info from the FRG for that unit and just Pm you when I find out info too...you are right about not posting movement on here...:yes

i have hugged many a hero coming home.... if at all possible i'll be there for your son too...

As a Blue Star MOM, all soldiers are our babies

I know we got DO NOT SEND orders already for the unit :yay:yay:yay

Kath, I'll keep up with the info from the FRG for that unit and just Pm you when I find out info too...you are right about not posting movement on here...:yes

i have hugged many a hero coming home.... if at all possible i'll be there for your son too...

As a Blue Star MOM, all soldiers are our babies

I know we got DO NOT SEND orders already for the unit :yay:yay:yay

Heh Im so excited!!!

Yeah the guys have dates that the FRG isnt telling us yet too LOL So be sure to PM me!

I know a lot of the guys didnt even get mail etc, so Michael would give me names and we'd send packages etc to them. So to have someone there to hug my boy for me means more than you know!!!

Hugs

Kath

Lea, what a wonderful thing you can do for Kath and just think how surprised her son will be. That is just so cool.

I'm still trying to figure out what ornament I went to do. I think I'm close. I've been looking through so many of my books. Glad you gave us so much time :lol I definitely need it.

Lea, what a wonderful thing you can do for Kath and just think how surprised her son will be. That is just so cool.

I'm still trying to figure out what ornament I went to do. I think I'm close. I've been looking through so many of my books. Glad you gave us so much time :lol I definitely need it.

Take your time pat! Let me know whenever you decide!

Hugs

Kath

Okey, I'll work an ornament up for Montana. I was born there (wish I still lived there) so I don't know why it took me so long to come up with it.

Now, any ideas for an ornament. Time to do some research.

Julee

Okey, I'll work an ornament up for Montana. I was born there (wish I still lived there) so I don't know why it took me so long to come up with it.

Now, any ideas for an ornament. Time to do some research.

Julee

Ok Julee! Send me a PM and I'll mark you down on the list and Give you the mailing addy! Thanks so much!

Hugs

Kath

Ok Kath after a trip to Michaels today I think I have it all figured out and the front of the ornament is done just got to work on the back well, I should say one side is done the other needs work :lol. Then I will try to do two squares if not then I will definately do one square and it should be out in the mail *hopefully* by this weekend if not then definately by next weekend. :hugto you, your family and your son. And thanks for letting me do this :lol

Archived