Thank you!: Ornament/Squares for a Homecoming Soldier -Thank you!!

quietheart

I spoke to Donna and she suggested I put this here, so Here it is :)

My son is in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne. He has been there almost a year now and he will be back in the US at the end of the year and home for Christmas. THANK GOD!

What I would love to do is have him recieve an ornament representing every state that he has defended. So what better place to do it than with my favorite crocheters :)

If you would like to participate please PM me with the state you 'd like to represent and I will give you my mailing Address.

These must be here by Christmas of course :) And I will post pics so everyone can see him with them.

Any ornament is just fine, crocheted is preferred of course though!

You can do more than one if you like, just let me know when you PM me so we fill in all the states.

And put a note in it with your name (as much as you like to give) and the state it represents.

You dont have to live there to claim a state!

If someone would rather make a 12 in square instead of an ornament, if I get enough, I could sew him up a ghan too. But ornaments is really what we are aiming for.

So please PM me if you are interested. This way I can keep track of states that are taken etc and know who is serious etc.

Thanks!

Kath

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay can't wait to shop for an AZ ornament how cool is that we got lots of places to dig around here.

oh maybe I can crochet an AZ square to lol..

LOL it's so much fun!! Feel free to share your pics here if you want with what you make/find, he isnt on the ville obviously so he wont see

And you are more than welcome to make a square too if you want! :)

*hugs*

Kath

I've been sitting here trying to think of how to make an ornament that represents NJ :thinksince I want to crochet one. I really am not good without a pattern and I've never seen a NJ ornament so this should be interesting:lol

I've been sitting here trying to think of how to make an ornament that represents NJ :thinksince I want to crochet one. I really am not good without a pattern and I've never seen a NJ ornament so this should be interesting:lol

I feel your pain. I am in the exact same position. I have a good idea just cannot find a pattern for it.

Maybe I should leave CA up for grabs and pick up an unclaimed state at a later date. :rofl

Im sure you will think of something Pat! LOL

Anything is fine, really!! If you cant think of anything an angel or flag or something is good too!

Hugs

Kath

Oh... I'm so proud of myself... I have my ornament idea all ready to go. Need to dig through my stash and get the colors I need and get crocheting............... This is fun and an honor! I wish I had thought of an idea like this for my son who is in the Navy!

:heart

:mug

Archived