Knit 1, Purl 2 in Crochet

Bendy

I am so excited!!!

My newest book, Knit 1, Purl 2 in Crochet, can now be seen on the internet.

http://www.anniesattic.com/new/detail.html?prod_id=77758

The book teaches how to crochet knit designs, including a new way to crochet knit cables, so that the finished crochet piece actually looks like knitting.

All designs are made using a regular crochet hook and an easy to learn technique.

The book includes numerous crocheted knit looking stitch patterns and 12 designs.

The book will be out November 20. If you request it, they will notify you when the book comes out.

I hope everyone enjoys it.

Well, I must have that book!

Got my name on the list, too. Wish they would put it on electronic d-load.

I ordered a leaflet from Annie a while back...it's a Slip Stitch technique that looks quite close to knitting. I haven't made anything from it yet, but it looks easy.

I have purchased some yarn for that purpose. But the items in the leaflet are made in rounds and forms a "tube" when finished. Not quite sure I like that part of it, but I'm going to try it anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought the book Knit 1 Purl 2 in Crochet. It is a fantastic book I can't wait to start making things. My only complaint is I just can't figure out how to cast on the stitches. I have gone to knitting videos on you tube and can figure out I think how to cast on to a needle. I just can't figure how to bind off and what it looks like after wards. Is there by any chance a you tube video on how to do this stitch in crochet. I have been crocheting for 40 years but I just can't figure this out.

Hi Karen,

There aren't any video's because it is something that I invented.

You said you were able to cast on the stitches but not sure how to take them off.

If you email me privately, I will try to help you. It is actually quite easy.

Bendy

I have sent several but when you check on sent replies it shows none. I guess I need to learn computers too.

Thank you so much for your help. I got it casted on and did several rows. It more or less is like a slip stitch right? How do you hold the yarn? Like crocheting or do you move it around by hand.

Thank you again. This is going to be so much fun once I get it mastered.

• 3 months later...

I was so excited to get the book knit 1 purl 2 in crochet because I Love the look of knitting but have been crocheting for 40 years. when I got the book I found it very difficult to understand, maybe I am getting old but I was wishing for more pictures of examples. If someone could point me to a video about it or pictures showing more I would really appreciate it.

Archived