100,000 CureCaps Needed For Charity

Chris Hempel

Hi to everyone at Crochetville:

My name is Chris Hempel and I am Mom to Addi and Cassi Hempel, 5 year old identical twins who are afflicted with a fatal cholesterol disease. This cholesterol disease is stealing my girls' memories and robbing them of their ability to walk, talk or even remember the name of their favorite stuffed animal. It's called Niemann Pick Type C and is often referred to as the "Childhood Alzheimer's".

I have started a campaign called CureCaps - Made From The Heart To Cure The Brain. Our mission is simple -- we are asking volunteers to make hats for us which we in turn sell and put the funds into brain research projects. We are looking to fund all types of projects that will help all types of brain disorders from Alzheimer's Parkinson's, ALS to even brain cancers -- not simply Niemann Pick Type C.

These CureCaps are kind of like a "pink ribbon" -- our symbol of hope to cure the brain.

I am trying to get 100,000 hats -- at $20+ dollars each we could raise millions for research. If we are successful, I know we can get corporate sponsors to help match the money we raise, etc. So far, I have collected 3,000 hats but I need a lot more.

I hope you will read more about the CureCaps project here: http://addiandcassi.com/year/curecaps and join this effort and spread the word.

This weekend we're having a large fundraiser where we plan to sell many of the hats -- we'll also have teams selling hats this winter at various locations around the country.

I hope you can help me get the word out to all the people you who might be willing to help. The entire project is outlined on our website.

Best,

Chris Hempel

chris@hempelfamily.com

Addi and Cassi's Mom

http://www.addiandcassi.com

I checked it out too. Wonderful cause. This is truly a rare and difficult disorder that your twins have. But, they can go through their life together and that is good for them. I bookmarked your site, and will consider making some hats. Just need a pattern. God bless!! :hug

Archived