My freeform evolving

moonrhythm

just before my grandmother passed away she gave me all of her crafting supplies, this included a sewing machine, needles, fabrics, yarns, etc, etc! i wanted to use the crochet yarn for something that i'd hold onto for years to come--so i started this http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonrhythm/26226828/in/set-170062/ it's something that i return to when i'm somewhat tired of current projects. it's all circles and half circles and circles again~*

thanks for the comments! i'm not sure what i'll do with it, i'm thinking i'll keep going until it is the length of my couch and use it as a couch cover for the back cushions! i dunno~ maybe a throw for the guest bed...

shelain22;

actually, upon visiting sylvia cosh and james walter's website i became inspired by the circles by sylvia. mine are no where near as fantastic as hers! i don't have the link handy but you should check out their creations, the moth capes are fantastic!

Whoohie! I think that must make you the all-time bullion champion. Either you have more patience than I do, or you just have the knack. I love the way they look, but hate to make them.

Amazing! I wish I knew how to do that stitch. If anyone can direct me to illustrated tutorial or something on it, I'd appreciate it, I'd like to incorporate this stitch in my freeform piece.

http://crochet.about.com/library/blbullion.htm

it isn't as intimidating as it looks. i'd suggest starting with a few amount of wraps until you get the hang of it and then, of course, go-for-it!

This may sound stupid but.... I read the tutorials and they make sense but how sis you put it togeather? Is there a pattern for this anywhere? Did you just make the circles and then join them? If so that would be great for scrap yarn, you could just make them as you collect the yarn and as large or small you wanted!! If anyone is rolling their eyes please keep in mind that I have not been crocheting very long and I get so excited when I see something like this!

Valerie

This may sound stupid but.... I read the tutorials and they make sense but how sis you put it togeather? Is there a pattern for this anywhere? Did you just make the circles and then join them? If so that would be great for scrap yarn, you could just make them as you collect the yarn and as large or small you wanted!! If anyone is rolling their eyes please keep in mind that I have not been crocheting very long and I get so excited when I see something like this!

Valerie

I usually crochet up a few circles and then puzzle them together and sew/join,

crochet a few more and sew/join, etc. In another piece that I am working on using bullions/roll stitch I am simply crocheting singles around them with picots, this makes for a star-like affect and those are joined in the same manner.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived