Vanna's Choice is making me mad

CrochetisCrack2001

I am doing my second afghan with Vanna yarn and mine is just fine. It may be because you have frogged it.

I am getting annoyed because all the skeins I have been buying lately have knots in them, and I have bought them from different places!!!

I hate knots

Ok so I wrote Lion's Brand and here was their response:

"Ripping back and using the same portion of yarn that many times is hard on any

yarn. All the friction caused the fuzzyness.

With Warm Regards,

Customer Support

Lion Brand Yarn Company"

As a newbie to crochet, I have ripped many a yarn recently...Red Heart, Caron, Bernat, etc. No fuzzies. I personally think it's a bit of a cop-out. I don't know if I'll be repurchasing anymore Vanna's Choice. :/

i don't have anything helpful to add...i just wanted to say that i just read your tag line about being a level 5 crocheter to my geeky husband and he said "awesome!":haha

I ripped out many yarns other than Lion Brand and it did not get fuzzy. I know boucle yarn will because it is so thin and thick in some places. It is a shame they did not offer to take the skein back and replace it.

AuntChar, that's hilarious! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a geeky husband haha! :lol

CraftyZone, yeah I was kinda surprised by that too. I thought some form of restitution would be made. As they say, it's easier to keep a customer than find a new one! ;)

The next to the last skein of Vanna's Choice that I used, had 9 knots in it in the last of the second half of the skein, some less than 12 inches apart! I ended up ripping it out to the first knot, and using a new skein to finish my project! I tossed it as I figured that there wasn't enough left to ask for a refund and I didn't want to frog back to the beginning of that skein.

I've used probably about a couple of dozen skeins of Vanna's Choice and that was the first time I found more than a knot or two in the same skein. Mostly, they didn't have any knots.

You're not going to have the fuzzy problem with RH or Caron Pounders. Caron Simply Soft sill do the same thing if you frog it 5 times.

The softer the yarn the less likely it is to hold up well. Washing it will only make the fuzzies pill.

**The softer the yarn the less likely it is to hold up well. Washing it will only make the fuzzies pill.

I agree with RoseRed.

Frogging a soft yarn or looser twist will make it fuzzy and washing will add more friction. It will probably look worse after washing. They sell a pumice thingie I think that can be used on acrylic to remove the pills.

Just recently bought some Vannas yarn. No knots thus far. Finished a pair of house socks in olive, no fuzzing but probably will after they get washed. smile

Hmmm...I recently made a hat for my husband with Vanna's Choice, and had to rip it out a couple times (my first hat, what a learning experience!) and I didn't notice any fuzziness problems. But I only ripped back a couple times. I have had other brands of yarn end up "worn out" after multiple rippings.

Archived