Sweetheart Ripple

jeannej

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your three-color version turned out beautiful! :clap

Did you happen to write down the color changes at all? I'd love to do this ghan in 3 colors for a friend of mine's daughter for Christmas.

Your three-color version turned out beautiful! :clap

Did you happen to write down the color changes at all? I'd love to do this ghan in 3 colors for a friend of mine's daughter for Christmas.

Thank you Braxxi, it was fun watching it come together as I worked those first rows. I look forward to seeing yours when you finish! :)

As for my color play, I stayed with the pattern, of course, working the MC for two rows (the first of which includes that fptr-sc stitch) before changing to a CC for two rows. The only difference is that I alternated between two different CCs.

So, referring back to mine, it would go:

2 rows of MC (white)

2 rows of 1st CC (lavender)

2 rows of MC (white)

2 rows of 2nd CC (pink).

..and so on; remembering to always carry your yarn rather than finish off (border will hide the carried yarn).

Hope that helps, Braxxi. :)

As an aside: My colors show up closer to true on the second photo with Izzie. I used Caron's "blue lavender" (more lavender than blue) and "watermenlon" (a bright pink).

Thank you Dawn! The pattern isn't difficult, once you figure out where to place the 'front post treble crochet-sc' (fptr-sc). That stitch itself was a new variation to me but very easy to master. Unlike your typical post stitch, this one ends with an anchoring sc that gives the rows on the backside their solid look (no post-back gaps) So, if anything, it's the actual placement of the post stitch that can trip some folks up. I purposely chose to place mine just a bit differently than instructed, as it resulted in a more symmetrical heart shape from my perspective. Either way though, Dawn, I'm sure you could do it. What's nice is that it's one of those patterns where you can set the instructions aside once you get your bearings.

:)Thank you so much for the info... I know, I'll just have you make it for me! ;) GBU! :manyheart

• 2 years later...

Archived