Butterfly bookmarks

Apak

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This butterfly bookmark is very sweet - and a really good present for friends.

Thank you, that you made your description also in a picture, because my english is

not so good - but I'm learning :-)

kind regards from germany :-)

• 3 months later...

I am really happy that so many people could use this butterfly pattern in so many ways!

I just wanted to show you what I made a few days ago :) I needed some orange jewelery for a few girls and my first thought was: BUTTERFLIES! So I made 11 pairs of earrings, using the pattern for a small butterfly bookmark. Here they come!

post-30828-135897513213_thumb.jpg

post-30828-135897513207_thumb.jpg

These are truly awesome! I might have already said so, but I have CRS (can't remember s---!) They are going to the top of my 'gotta do' list. Thanks so much!!!

I made these back in October for my 13 year old daughter's birthday party ......BUT most of her friends got sick before the party and so we didn't have a party.

A few days later I packed up the bookmarks (enough for all her friends-- made in all colors) and packed them in her lunch......she and them were so surprised to get them and they loved them. Several teachers loved them too so I was asked to make a few for the teachers too---:hook

• 4 weeks later...

theyre lovely! I had a go at one myself, but I used a 2mm hook and 4ply cotton. Its about 10cm across, but lovely for my little one :)

I also edged it in gold thread. Its not as nice as yours, but for a decorative feature for a 1yo's room, it does the job.

Youre very talented!

theyre lovely! I had a go at one myself, but I used a 2mm hook and 4ply cotton. Its about 10cm across, but lovely for my little one :)

I also edged it in gold thread. Its not as nice as yours, but for a decorative feature for a 1yo's room, it does the job.

Youre very talented!

I'd love to see yours!!!

• 6 months later...

Apak,

These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the pattern. I don't know what the 3D version looked like, but I really like this flat version.

By the way, I clicked on your Polish craft web link and ooooohhhhhh! So many beautiful magazine crochet patterns!! I was in Polish heaven :c9 for a while (even though I don't speak Polish). :shrug

Thankfully Google authomatically translates all other-language pages for me so I could sorta kinda figure out what was going on. Except! As I clicked away on what I thought were more purty pictures :think I clicked a couple of buttons that didn't translate and I think I might have put several into a shopping cart because I saw a number under the little shopping cart icon but I wasn't sure those were mine and was too afraid to look! :eek I didn't know how to get them out of there if they were mine, and I was really afraid that if I punched any more buttons I'd end up buying $200 worth of doily patterns and Polish craft magazines (with $10,000 in postage and handling from Poland to the US)!! :help

So regretfully but very quickly I exited out :lookout for a while and hopefully their computer will cancel my "transaction". I saved their URL so I will sneak back in when I think it is safe! :elle:lol

• 1 month later...

COULD YOU TELL ME IN ROW 3,WHAT THE - pc STANDS FOR IN THE INSTURCTIONS {1 dc, 6tr, pc (=ch4, sl st in 4th ch from hook), 6 tr, 1 dc} . IM TRYING TO MAKE ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER BEFORE CHRISTMAS.. HELP:manyheart ALSO DO YOU HAVE THE PATTERN FOR A 3 D BUTTERFLY, IT SOUND GREAT. THANK YOU. LYNN

COULD YOU TELL ME IN ROW 3,WHAT THE - pc STANDS FOR IN THE INSTURCTIONS {1 dc, 6tr, pc (=ch4, sl st in 4th ch from hook), 6 tr, 1 dc} . IM TRYING TO MAKE ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER BEFORE CHRISTMAS.. HELP:manyheart ALSO DO YOU HAVE THE PATTERN FOR A 3 D BUTTERFLY, IT SOUND GREAT. THANK YOU. LYNN

I think in this instance it stands for picot.

The "ch4, sl st in 4th chain makes the picot.

Hope this helps. :hook

Archived