C’ville October 2009 Tote

Tampa Doll

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay at least you now know where it is I can't believe they didn't even give you a slip that said hey we have something here for you geesh. Our postal carriers are pretty good around here sometimes we get them around our house more than once if they forgot a package in the truck or something they bring it back to us so it doesn't have to wait an extra day.

I've been waiting patiently for the delivery announcement so I can officially congratulate you Legalwoman17. Problem is, I'm not a very patient person. :lol

Hurry up mail person, for Petes sake it's been long enough!

The only good thing about the delay is the wait for the November bag is becoming shorter and shorter. :yes

Ok the bag is not being delivered. It was being held at the post office for LegalWoman17 to pick it up. Of course they did not tell her this.

I e-mailed the post office. Tampa Guy got them on the phone and LegalWoman17 called the local post office to find out where the heck this bag was.

Sorry, but when it was all done, I had to laugh:lol Here we all are worrying bout where the bag is and what was going to happen, and they were just holding it waiting for someone to pick it up.

So hopefully it was picked up tonight and tomorrow we will find out how it was received.:hook

", and they were just holding it waiting for someone to pick it up."

Oh, that's just rich! Were they sending out good vibes so she would know to pick it up? :confused

At long last, the bag has arrived !!

Here's the story.

Back in August I had moved but Mary Jo only had my old address, so that is where she sent the box. It arrived at my old address on October 1, but since I don't live there any more, it could not be delivered, so back to the post office it went. The post office says it left me notices to come pick it up, but -- excuse me, Mr. Postman, I don't live there any more to pick up notices. DUH !!

So anyway, after many phone calls by Mary Jo and her husband, and a call by me to my local post office, we were able to figure out the package was there waiting to be picked up. So last night, I went to the post office to pick up the box. The lady at the counter said they had left notices and I said I didn't get them because I don't live there any more. DUH. She asked me if I had put in a change of address and I said well, yes, I did and the package should have been forwarded. She just looked at me as if I were crazy and handed me the package. <heavy sigh> God bless the United States Post Office. :think

Anyway, I have Mary Jo's beautiful bag now. I don't have anyone here to help me take a picture of it, but I promise to get one in the next couple of days and I will post the picture on this thread.

Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts on finding the package. And many, many thanks to Mary Jo and her husband for solving the mystery. Every time I use the bag, I will smile about the adventure involved in getting my beautiful bag.

Thanks again, Mary Jo. You are spectacular !!

:dance :dance :dance

Happy dancin' for you, Legalwoman...er, Bag Lady! So glad that Mary Jo's tote has finally found its way home!:yay

WOOOHOOOO the bag caper is solved!

Oh - trust me I have had to wait MANY a time on the USPS and gone thru foibles with them on things - they are something else!

But the bag found it's way to the rightful winner - and you are now an official "Bag Lady Queen".....:cheer:clap:cheer

:cheer:cheer:party:party:cheer:cheer

Hooray for you Legalwoman17! So happy you finally have your bag. Hope Mary Jo is able to relax now that all is well. :lol

WHEW!!!! I can finally breath!!! OMG!! The thought of you not finding your bag and the thought of the work that Mary Jo went into making the bag!! YIKES!!

Finally I can congratulate you on been a "bag lady"!! (even though you have been a bag lady since Oct.1, but without the bag).

And the Post Office!! It's so dumb, but yet it's funny(now)that they kept sending you notices to your old address. Duh, is exactly what I would have said to them!!

Anyway: :cheer :cheer CONGRATULATIONS :cheer :cheer

Congratulations, LegalWoman17! Wow, what an ordeal to get your bag from the post office! Almost makes one wonder if they knew what was in there and were trying to hold it hostage, hoping nobody would claim it so that one of THEM could be a Bag Lady! :lol

You're going to LOVE your bag! It's capacity is practically ENDLESS! Just when you think it's full it turns out you can fit another skein or two in there! They're truly amazing totebags made by a truly amazing woman!

MaryJo your bag is the bomb I love it the colors are great, sorry have not been on much with DD having a stork and the kids I have very little time for me and the computer, Just had to see your bag great job love it keep up the good job:hug

Archived