Need Help!Crochet Tankini in Vogue Knitting

Guest knitsofunny

Question

Guest knitsofunny

I am working on this pattern in the Spring/Summer issue of Vogue Knitting and it is killing me!! I really think that the pattern is wrong in several places. I've e-mailed Vogue....no response. They do have one correction on their errata page....but it doesn't address what I'm seeing. Does anyone have this magazine? Right now, after every row I crochet..I double-check with the photo in the mag to make sure things are lining up correctly. If I follow the instructions, things don't work the way they are supposed to. I would love to hear from someone who has the pattern, it's too detailed to try to recreate it here! Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Guest knitsofunny

Thanks Yarntomato....I too hope that someone will be able to help...even if it's only to confirm that I'm not crazy!!

Guest mishakitty78

I'm working on this one right now. If you can describe your problem, I might be able to help. I'm on row 29 right now, so if the problem you're having occurred before then, I'd be more than happy to take a shot at it.

I've noticed that some of the rows seem to be a bit longer than others. Since this is a shirt that will lace up, I doubt it will be too much of a problem. But that is possibly a mistake in the pattern.

So far though everything seems to be working out fine. I was a bit confused at first until I realized that the pattern for the body part of the tank is done from the bra cup edge down (so top to bottom). Funny how things look wierd when you're looking at them upside down! :blush Other than that, mine looks pretty right on. I think there example may be stretched out a bit, though, which I had to do with mine to really see their stitch design.

Let me know your problems, though, and I'll do my best to help!

Melissa

Archived