Yo Yo's for Charity

Ladydaydreamer

Well I was thinking of making them in 4x4 meaning 4 squares by 4 rows.. for a total of 16 squares per blanket.. Each Square takes 16 yo yos.. So a total of .. oh wait a min my mind is old let me bust out the calculator..

~pops out the calculator and wishes she haden't ~

Ok each 36x36 afghan will take a total of 256 yo yos..

So yeah I can make one out of 256 yo yos!

I already have 5 squares done..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N :c9

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
256! Gee....I have 24 done! lol...I am working on them between projects, would like to have a nice bunch done before I send them.

Yeah I know that seems like a lot of them lol.. but then again they are put together rather quickly..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N. :c9

I have been so busy.. I have another Square made up but I have not hat time to take photos of it.. I had to change things up a bit to get them to come out to be 12inch squares.. But I have to say I like the changes.. I'll get a photo as soon as my head catches up with everything I have going on lol..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N.:crocheting

Kristy - I was planning on making a bunch of these little guys before sending them out. However, since I am making this an ongoing project then I can go ahead and send what I have (100 yoyos) if you are running low. Just let me know and I can get them in the mail to you tomorrow or over the weekend.

Kristy - I was planning on making a bunch of these little guys before sending them out. However, since I am making this an ongoing project then I can go ahead and send what I have (100 yoyos) if you are running low. Just let me know and I can get them in the mail to you tomorrow or over the weekend.

I could use them now, if you wanted to send them I would like to get one afghan completed to be able to have a photo of a completed one.. And to be able to get one sent out..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N

Yoyos went out today. I would think you should see them maybe Tuesday.

Just got them today and they are lovely.. I'll be putting them into the last few squares for my first afghan done.. I only have three more squares to make and edge and to sew them together, and then border and I'll be ready to take photos and find it a home..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N.:c9

Ooh! I had a cool thought. This would be a great way to inventory my stash! If I made one yo-yo with every skein and ball in my stash, I could finally find out what and how much I have:heehee

I think I will start tonight. Should only take a few million billion years:rofl

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -4/YTD: +4

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo's for Charity

Ooh! I had a cool thought. This would be a great way to inventory my stash! If I made one yo-yo with every skein and ball in my stash, I could finally find out what and how much I have:heehee

I think I will start tonight. Should only take a few million billion years:rofl

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -4/YTD: +4

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo's for Charity

That's funny. It's probably true for me too :yes

• 3 weeks later...

That is to funny.. Well My stash is getting smaller and smaller as I work.. So the Yo yo's will be able to keep me busy through this long winter.. I found out my hubby will be starting a job out of town in two weeks.. So I'll be home alone during the week. So I'll be able to get lots of Crochet time over the next 10 months!..

I will have that one blanket does soon and as soon as I get more white I'll be well on my way to the next one.. As promised when I get them completed I'll take photos.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Thank you for sending newer ones out.. As promised here is an image of the afghan I have been putting together I have 8 more squares to sew together and put a border on but this gives an idea of the look.. I hope you all enjoy.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

post-12630-135897469992_thumb.jpg

They are holding up well I have more on the way as well.. It's a navy blue and white border I am using on the one in the photo.. The camera just did not want to pick up the blue right lol..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

that is very pretty

Where can I find the pattern and how to do the border around the yoyos.

Is it a free pattern?

I am using this to make the middle of each square

http://yarncrazy.googlegroups.com/web/simple_yoyo_square.pdf?gda=E9bA2kgAAACtAEnQvAmqE03ogaEVVH_ZY4B0KI-PJ7pQ1j_OPJwSwq0m2KrwK6311LRo_db511qmwwmmjY8lLEkm5GsdcWpfGjVgdwNi-BwrUzBGT2hOzg&hl=en

And then I double crochet two more round on the last round of that pattern to make each one a 12'' square..

Sluke I recieved your package in the mail yesterday thank you so much!

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Archived